Sponsors:

chopping logs needed in june

Started by Alissa, May 20, 2015, 06:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alissa

Hi! We will be traveling from Regina SK to O'Fallon Missouri during the last week of June. We will be looking for chopping logs. Poplar, aspen, cottonwood, pine..... Any of those. Any ideas or leads would be apappreciated!
Sometimes I don't always get Forestry Forum notifications. ..... So feel free to email me as well. alissaharper@ymail.com
Thanks!!!!!

goose63

@Alissa I have some Ash and some Pine if you have a trailer I can load it for you I'm 65 miles of Fargo
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

beenthere

Doubt they want to chop on ash. Which pine do you have?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Grizzly

@Alissa
Regina in June? Are you at the farm progress show? that's only 5 hours for me. or is Regina not an event? I'll go looking for ads and see what I can find.

edit: Found it! At the "Farm Progress Show" in Regina. Now to see about traveling...........
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

goose63

beenthere it's Norway pine some bigger ones and some smaller ones
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Alissa

Yes, we will be doing shows at the Farm Progress Show June 17-19.
Ash is definitely too hard to chop, but I am researching Norway Pine today!

Alissa

We need soft, green, knot free wood. Anything in diameter of 8 inches to 12 inches.

Alissa

I have just been told that Norway Pine is usually too knotty to chop well. Any other ideas? Trembling Aspen is always good.....

Jeff

Alissa's travel corridor is Regina to Fargo to Minneapolis to Cedar Rapids to St. Louis   We have many members through there. Who can help?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ozarkgem

Quote from: Alissa on May 29, 2015, 10:57:13 AM
I have just been told that Norway Pine is usually too knotty to chop well. Any other ideas? Trembling Aspen is always good.....
what about River Birch?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

beenthere

River birch more than twice the hardness of aspen. Doubt it would be a good one for the chopping logs.

White pine and aspen are pretty close to hardness, weight/cuft, and specific gravity.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Alissa

I agree that river birch is way too hard. Thank you, though!! We need poplar, aspen, cottonwood, white pine, scotch pine, lodge pole pine......

beenthere

Sent you an email. Have big tooth aspen available if not too far out of your way.
Not on the most direct route. But google maps says 9 hr 7 min vs. 8 hr 35 min MSP to St.Louis
south central Wisconsin

sandhills

I'd sure help with the cottonwood but I'm afraid your traveling a long ways east of me, sorry wish I could help.

gspren

If you ever get to eastern PA or MD I got some Aspen. I'd haul some logs just to watch the show.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

trapper

Beenthere is probably less out of your way but I have basswood you could have.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

I'm wondering if Alissa has found a source for her chopping logs? 
I have basswood as well, and hadn't thought of that before.

Hope someone can help her out.

edit:
Just heard that Alissa found the logs she needs in IL, and won't need to stop by here for a load.

Hope some members get to see their show in MO.
south central Wisconsin

Tam-i-am

Alissa visited SawyerBrown and Barb yesterday to pick up wood for her next show in O'Fallen, MO.

Pete, Those are some nice cant hooks. ;D  Sorry was I supposed to nice the woodpile - that looks nice too!
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Another plan comes together.   logrite_cool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

nmericle53

Nice job SawyerBrown for helping out the Axe women. They really put on a good show. First time to see professional axe throwers was at pig roast last year.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

SawyerBrown

Alissa is just one of the nicest people ... it was a pleasure to get to know her a little better.  And the logs provided a little needed exercise!    :D

*Note: at this point, we were just using the Logrites to lean on after tossing the bigger logs on top of the pile!!   :D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Alissa

Thank you everyone for all your help! I'm sorry that I was unable to reply to most of you.... My phone and ipad were very unhappy in Canada.....

Alissa

Quote from: gspren on June 16, 2015, 03:42:55 PM
   If you ever get to eastern PA or MD I got some Aspen. I'd haul some logs just to watch the show.
Thank you!!! Let's talk! We will be doing several shows in PA and MA in Aug and Sept.

gspren

Quote from: Alissa on June 30, 2015, 10:25:48 AM
Quote from: gspren on June 16, 2015, 03:42:55 PM
Thank you!!! Let's talk! We will be doing several shows in PA and MA in Aug and Sept.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, PM me with details or I'll be at the pig roast.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!