iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging collectables

Started by AtLast, November 09, 2003, 09:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Reid, I wouldnt limit yourself to actual sawblades, heck, that plasma cutter can cut out the tooth profile just as easy. The guy that did mine said, let me know if you ever get any extra, I can sell them in a heart beat. THis guy had sheet after sheet of steel setting in there. All he had to do was pattern my saw and cut them out anytime he wanted if he was thinkin. One person in a thousand could probably tell you "Hey! that aint a real blade!"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Dynamite boxes were all empty  :D, but I did get an old blasting cap tin one time that had to have its contents disposed of. :o

Tom

Did you have fun doing it? ;D

Jeff

CosmoPack

If you want some modern equipment "toys" go to these sites-

http://www.tjtoday.com - Timberjack's newsletter - You can get two skidders, a knuckleboom loader and a track feller buncher there.

http://www.davesmodeltoys.com/ - lots of model toys here - Cat Skidders, and Wheel Loaders

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=200204624&R=200204624  -  This is a neat model of a Cat Harvester machine.  The arms on the processing head move and it has a little saw bar that comes out!

There's always e-bay.  Type in logging and click on toys and several sources for mostly cat skidder models will come up.  There are some other items there as well.

A John Deere or Cat forestry equipment dealer keeps some equipment models on hand as well.

Ironwood

Jeff ,

Good point on the plasma cutter cutting out the gullets too.

Grampa was  nightwatchman for a quarry in eastern Ohio and his barn organizing method consisted of many many dynamite boxes nailed to the wall. The barn was one of those hasty old "depression barns" as I call them. No real foundation and probably began to rot into the ground the day they built it. He had 40-50 dynamite boxes and before my Grandma sold the place my job was too tear down the safety hazard for the neighbor who bought the place. They had 8 children and 30 grand children and I don't know how many great grand children. Everyone down the line got a box and at least one of the old license plates tacked to the wall. We all had spent hours in that lod musty wreck of a building over the years. They never really had any money but he cobbled thing together left and right for all the children. Lots of cool memories and many scary things appeared in that barn over the years.

FUN MEMORIES, REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

AtLast

Alright Jeff.....WHER'd YA GET UM!!!!!...those are TOOOO cool...are they the Kontinental too? You have succedded in makin me jelious....I REALLY like those...ALOT....whens the bidding start??

Jeff

I think this song book dates to around the 40's early 50's.  Have not found a date in it.

Jeff

Oops! I was wrong on that date.  Found refernce in two places on the internet.

http://www.cowboysong.com/songs/songse1.html

asy

Ya gotta wonder about a man who has a can of embalming fluid...

Well, wonder about him... or FEAR HIM....

I love the Lumber Jack song book...   "With Yodel Arrangements"...   

Not sure, but I think that's scarier than the embalming fluid.

Jeff, I'm sure glad I don't live with you, coz the next thing I'd make ya buy is a feather duster! :D

Great photos, and great collection, thanks for sharing them!!!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!