iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for mobile sawmill near Bettendorf, Iowa

Started by wesdor, May 08, 2019, 12:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesdor

I have checked Wood-Mizer for the past 2 days and continue to receive an error when looking for sawyers in Iowa. 

A friend called me yesterday looking for a mobile sawmill. He has a few rather large walnut trees that he wants to have sawn. He has no delusions that these are high dollar trees, only wants to have lumber from trees that were taken down in preparation for building a house. 

Anyone here provide this service in the Eastern Iowa, Western Illinois area?

Tom the Sawyer

The Forestry Forum has a search function for sawmills, as does Sawmill Finder, Sawmill Trader, Wood Web, and most state forestry departments maintain a directory of sawmills.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

WV Sawmiller

Maybe there are no WM Pro-Sawyers registered in Iowa. I get the same message when I try but when I select WV I get a list of us. Do check here on the FF in the Find a Database. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SawyerTed

Craigslist and FB Marketplace are also ways to find mobile sawmills and sawyers.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

wesdor

Thanks for the advice. Nothing found in the Find Data base in Iowa. (I didn't know this existed- thanks Tom). 

I did find a name for them in Geneseo, Illinois which is not far. I passed the info on and will see what happens.  

terrifictimbersllc

Woodmizer will give phone numbers of sawyers within a radius of the zip code you provide. These are persons who have agreed to be on this list, not just owners.  If you need more names ask for a wider radius.  Need to call in  and select the number for ".....locate a sawyer".  
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

stihltoomany

I am within 50 miles of Bettendorf Iowa I have an LT40 super hydraulic wood mizer I don't know what you call large logs but once they get over about 30" they get to be time consuming give me A PM and we'll get together
Way too many saws, mostly STIHL
Bobcat S650, Bobcat 331 excavator Bobcat A770
and other dirt toys
Looking for hyd bandsaw mill, Timberking used maybe? NOT anymore!
WoodMizer LT40 super

wesdor

Thank You Sponsors!