Sponsors:

pine

Started by kdalury, June 04, 2017, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdalury

in you opinion should I have these milled or trade for maple syrup/ cordwood

Thanx

derhntr

All depends on your needs if you have use for the lumber then mill it. Selling the lumber more than likely would not pay for the milling unless you have a buyer before milling. JMHO
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

WDH

It all depends on whether or not you like knotty pine. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

crowhill

Pretty hard to beat maple syrup on your ice cream! But then I enjoy sitting on the porch with that knotty pine on the walls while eating my ice cream drenched in maple syrup!!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

ladylake

Wide pine boards  sell good, knots or not.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

4x4American

Quote from: crowhill on June 04, 2017, 08:08:16 PM
Pretty hard to beat maple syrup on your ice cream! But then I enjoy sitting on the porch with that knotty pine on the walls while eating my ice cream drenched in maple syrup!!

I read your comment and said this guy has to be from VT...and sure enough, a Vermonter you is.   smiley_beertoast
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

Some of my customers like the knots in pine :)
I'm not a fan of knots over 1"
I mill what will sell and boards with knots sell :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!