iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"the Man Who Walked Backwards"

Started by 47sawdust, November 03, 2018, 03:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I came across the perfect story for anyone who has ever owned a sawmill and spent some time walking backwards,

Plennie Wingo Attempted to Walk Around the World Backward

True story about a man who walked from California to Turkey,backwards.
I know Wood-Mizer,or any any other bandmill, wasn't in business yet or he could have gotten corporate sponsorship.
I've often wondered how many miles I've covered going backwards.My wife does too ,but that's another matter altogether.
This probably doesn't belong in the sawmill section,but since there is no book review section in the forum I didn't know where to go.
Plennie lived to DanG near 100 so it must be good for you to walk backwards.
Christmas is just around the corner,so if you are weird or know someone who is weird this might be the perfect gift.
Best to you all,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

ladylake

Yesterday I was sitting on my stool running the mill with 2 good off bearers thinking I should get a easy chair. I used to stand until about 8 years ago when a lady walked up and gave me that stool.  No walking backwards here.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!