iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

066 works great now!

Started by J Beyer, April 13, 2003, 06:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Beyer

The .030 raker depth on the 066 worked awesome! 8) 8) 8)  The sun was brightly shining and I was in heaven running my favorite saw!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)  

Then I moved to a different spot.  That's when the day went to hell.   >:( >:( >:( Did not notice that the oil cap was loose and lost the oil and got the oil all over my pants.  Not sure how long it was off, but only made 2-4 cuts without the oil cap.  Is the chain shot?  Drive teeth did not show much for signs of running hot.  Could the oil pump be shot?
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Minnesota_boy

When you run your chainsaw without oil, the bar will get hot and the chain will get so tight it won't turn before it gets hot enough to damage the chain.  I'd flush out thge oil tank with fuel oil to get rid of all the sawdust and then refill it with clean bar oil and give it a try.  You should know within a couple minutes if the oiler is working or not.  Point the tip of the bar toward a log and rev the engine enough to make the chain run pretty fast and look for a spray of oil to get on the log.  If the chain siezes up, take the saw to a dealer and have them remove the oiler and clean it.  I've never ruined an oiler that way or even had one plugged, but I know how your pants look. :o
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

J Beyer

The chain is not seized.  Still turns easily by hand.

IndyIan

I'd bet alot of money everything is fine on your saw, bar, chain and oil pump.  Unless you were cutting through some thing like 30" of dry sugar maple...  :o

I don't think 4 cuts with or without lube is going to affect any part of your saw much.

J Beyer

New oil cap, tank flush, and back in business.  Oil cap cost: $5.89 w/tax.  running a bigger saw than your wood cutting friends, priceless...

JB

Captain

Hey J B,

Got an order from British Columbia today.  Two "Walkerized" mufflers, one for the 046 and one for the 066.   ;)

Gonna make some noise this weekend,  :o I've been putting off some cutting waiting for this....

What bar length are your running on the 066? Are you running full comp or skip tooth chain?

Captain

Oregon_Rob

Let us know what you think after you make the change!
Chainsaw Nerd

J Beyer

full-comp full-chisel chain. cuts like a champ! Must... have.... more.... power.... DanG! now I have ot get a bigger saw.  I just love the way big saws cut!

Thank You Sponsors!