iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Morbark 16 chipper ???

Started by BargeMonkey, December 22, 2017, 02:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Anyone ever had one ? 

I looked at one about 3yrs ago, made the guy an offer and he didn't bite, 6 months later I find out thru a salesman he sold it for less than we offered him in a pinch, it's the same model machine as the pictures just the paints a little worn, I'm 99% sure it's the machine I looked at, sitting out in central NY now. I've got a couple clearing jobs to do but not spending huge money to stare at another chipper, wondering if anyone has been around one ?

bushmechanic

Sorry barge I can't help with the chipper but I'd buy it just for that grapple. That's the best one I ever used for shortwood, newer stuff don't even compare to that old Cranab.

snowstorm

i remember looking at one when that was new 20 yrs ago. seems like they were 50k new 3208 cat and rotobec bucket. the bucket that came on them did not rotate. there are or were 2 of them i know of that repowered 1 with an n14 the other a 3406. they fed it with a crane but some one had to be in the cab to run the crusher rolls

jdeere540a

I know of half a dozen or so of them around here one of them I know the owner very well. He has chipped form me befor. They work good for a small chipper pretty simple to work on. The guy that has chipped for me is thinking about selling his soon. I wish I had the money to buy it there nice for clearing house lots and small jobs but it's not easy these days to get rid of chips. I'm sure if you give it time you'll see more of them reasonably priced.

BargeMonkey

I've got a Vermeer BC1800XL right now, nice chipper but not a whole tree chipper. I'm not desperate for a machine but starting to look, I don't care about selling the chips raw, actually would like to have someone come in and re-grind/color and sell it for mulch. Some of the prices on these larger chippers are nuts, I can't afford to stare at a 100k+ chipper, ive also got 40+acres of our own i need to clear in the next little bit. More and more on these jobs I cut they want the brush gone, trying to incorporate it all so in the end I could recoup some of the fuel money for the mulch, I could probably sell 500-1000yd of the stuff a yr if I kept the price reasonable, again chippers are something I don't know much about, just trying to avoid a nightmare machine that's too big or so costly on upkeep that it's cost prohibitive.

timberlinetree

Never had one,but always wanted one!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

loggah

There were a few guys that had them around here, there mostly all wornout and gone now. They would be the minimum size whole tree chipper . I had a 1800 Bandit and we fed it with  a hood s182 which was a lot easier and quicker than trying to use that little loader on the small morbark.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Thank You Sponsors!