iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcarver

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Billbob

"If you think you are a person of influence, try giving orders to someone else's dog"

Will Rogers
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

caveman

Another one of Pop's frequent sayings...
Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die.
Caveman
Caveman

sandhills

Not sure where it originated but per Grandpa "those that get up in the morning get up in the world".

Billbob

"There is nothing more satisfying than faulting another man's horse"
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

red oaks lumber

thats like pulling fly crap out of  pepper :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That old man sure has raised a lot of hell in his life time....but never raised a blister.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yukon cornelius

that's funny poston! we had a guy at the firehouse we called blisters because he always showed up after the work was done
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

.....a Lion never loses sleep over the opinions of sheep.

WDH

Most lions do not get to see many sheep  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

goose63

Gonna slap you so hard you wake up in the middle of next week my daddy told me that a  lot
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on June 20, 2014, 08:27:33 PM
Most lions do not get to see many sheep  :D.

say_what   Never thought of it like that. I guess thats why they don't lose any sleep. :D

barbender

"Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's rainin'."
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

I liked the one I heard my Grandpa used, referring to a carpenter we knew that was slow/lazy- "Yeah, he does ok work, but you have to drive stakes to see if he's moving." :D

yukon cornelius

It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

yukon cornelius

being in charge is like being a lady, if you have to tell people you are, then you are not....

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I can understand your anger at me......but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?  say_what

thecfarm

I never gave much thought to the horse before.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnM

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 21, 2014, 09:25:08 AM
I can understand your anger at me......but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?  say_what
:D :D  Just used the 'precursor' to that while trying to get the chain on my slabber yesterday.  It's an excellent point! :D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: yukon cornelius on June 21, 2014, 08:51:19 AM
This came up in conversation a couple days ago and was about to post it! :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

barbender

My Grandma was full of old sayings, "older than Methuselah" is one that comes to mind.

barbender

This saying goes back farther than you might realize ;) Proverbs 17:28 "Even a fool is considered wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive."

yukon cornelius

Quote from: barbender on June 21, 2014, 12:20:27 PM
This saying goes back farther than you might realize ;) Proverbs 17:28 "Even a fool is considered wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive."

;D that's where I got it from  ;D lots of good stuff in that book. its no wonder why they ban it from school. you wouldn't want any kids to be perversed by a book that says don't lie, steal, cheat, murder, and so on. that's a whole new topic.  ;D  thank you drive through!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There is no better Karate instructor than a big spider web on your face.  :D

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!