iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just One More Shed

Started by Qweaver, February 21, 2010, 12:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I swore that the garage was going to be the last building to go along with our Cabin...but I just can't stand to see my equipment setting out there in the weather covered with snow and ice.  So I spent the morning making one more drawing.  I'll make the cut list after lunch and we'll start cutting lumber on monday.
The posts are 4x6 trd, all rough cut will be full size.  Rafters = 2x8, beams/girders = 2x10, horizontal nailers =2x4, vertical B&B siding 1x8 or 10.
I may want to insulate at least part of this for a heated workshop, so I may put 3/8" ply on the roof and then 1x4 purlins to attach metal roofing.
So it's once again into the breech.  ::)
Am I missing anything?  Suggestions?  I did not run any numbers so give me a heads up if you think I should.

Top View

Front View

Side View

So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

stonebroke

It looks like it should hold up to the snow load. What is snow load where you are?

Stonebroke

thecfarm

I would put plenty of gravel down for the slab.Get it up in the air,away from the ground water.I would put a coarse or two of cement blocks on the slab.Keeps the water from splashing onto the siding.Ant doors I would put on the non-eves side.Especially with steel roofing.Don't need the snow to slide off and than have to move it to get in and out of the building.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!