iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Splitter / Hydraulic Pump Question?

Started by ktowne030311, October 11, 2014, 11:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktowne030311

was looking into building a decent sized splitter. i believe this is a 2 stage pump? i tried looking up the numbers ib the pump but couldnt find any specifics other then it came off of a backhoe? what do you guys think? its a decent size pump. does it look likes it going to work? it has 2 inlet ports and one out? can some one tell me a configuration as to how my lines would run to the cylinder/ tank/ valve? thanks
McCulloch 5-49, Ms290/390 frankenstein, 030av, 051av

North River Energy

Can you post a photo of the pump?
Some of those hoe pumps (e.g. Cessna) have two independent outputs; one large for the tools, one smaller for the steering.

gspren

I could understand 2 outlets and 1 inlet but not the other way.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

ktowne030311

it is a cessna pump. 2 ports are 1 inch and one is 3/4. ill check and see which is which. does that mean that i could get away with plugging the one end and using the "bigger" end for my splitter project?

ktowne030311

not sure why im having trouble trying to upload pics here, but i found this on google images. my pump looks the same, minus the (resivour) looking thing?

beenthere

Pics of a pump are in your gallery.
You just need to go to the post where you want them, click on the "Modify" button and add your pics.
Add them by clicking on the line under the post that says "Click here to add Photos to post" and a window will pop up where you can then upload new pics or go to "My gallery" to recover pics you already have loaded. Click on the pic you want and SCROLL down below that pic to where is shows a couple choices for getting them in your post. Then click on "Preview" to see that it is indeed what you want. Then Post.
Not too tough.  ;)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ktowne030311

so both in ports are 1'' and the out is 3/4''. any ideas on how id run my "plumbing" for a splitteR?

Thank You Sponsors!