iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Primer bulb question

Started by Rob5073, March 02, 2014, 11:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob5073

I have a Husqvarna 545AT which I bought in Sep 2013. I have run about 10 tanks of mix through it.  My question concerns the primer bulb. 

During a completely cold start,  I may press the bulb about 5 times to purge the air.  It works as it should.  My issue has been with the warm restart. The manual says to press the bulb up to 6 times for before the restart to fill the bulb.    However, at least on my saw, the bulb is still full of mix.  If I press the bulb as instructed, the fuel empties from the bulb and is replaced with air.   The fuel won't fill the bulb.  I'm holding the saw level when I am doing this.  I've generally skipped this step now on a warm restart and simply conduct a visual check to make sure fuel is present in the bulb. 

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?  Thanks.

sablatnic

Just push the six times. You are not flooding the engine with the bulb, you are just pulling fresh fuel through the carburettor. When the engine is hot, you can have a vapour lock, which can be removed by pumping, so just pump till you see fuel again. (6 times, 8 times or what is needed).

Oliver1655

I only have to use the purge button if the saw has not been used for 3-4 days. It's purpose as mentioned is to fill the fuel lines.  You could push it 50 times & it wouldn't hurt, well maybe your thumb. ;D
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

jmouton

this is a little of topic  but  if your bulb cracks  and stops working but the saw still works  it will suck in dirt and dust and blow your saw up ,  we had one of our concrete saws blow up  cuz of the bulb cracked apart and we didnt notice it   ,,,  just a little tidbit  of my  knowledge 

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Rob5073

Thanks for the replies but it just seems odd that I don't have primer bulb issues with my leaf blower, string trimmer and my little Echo chainsaw whether they are cold or warm starts.

Rob5073

Guess you guys were right about vapor lock.  Took the saw out the other day and it was perfectly fine.  Maybe my "primer bulb pressing technique" was off.  :-D

Thank You Sponsors!