iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

056 air filter

Started by trhill, August 06, 2013, 09:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trhill

I have 2 056's (super and magnum II), with worn filters.  I have checked ebay with little luck, but am looking for an aftermarket.  I checked madsen's with no luck.  Should I just find a pre filter and cobble up a fix?  Thanks

beenthere

No longer available from Stihl?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

trhill

Local dealer says its no longer available. Along with most other parts for the 056

beenthere

Have you tried with our sponsor (see left column) Chainsawr ?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

joe_indi

Quote from: trhill on August 06, 2013, 10:22:16 AM
Local dealer says its no longer available. Along with most other parts for the 056
Funny, the current Mediacat shows the filters that means they are still available. Maybe it will  that take too much of time since parts for discontinued models have to be be a special order.
Alternatively, assuming your present air filters have developed holes in then, an easy fix would be to  cut out some fine mesh and stick it over the holes using epoxy adhesive. If you cannot get mesh use the adhesive to coat a bit of cloth and use it to a seal for the holes.

Joe

trhill

Chainsawr is out of these filters, but I may try the repair method. I'll have to find a really fine mesh. I would like to add some type of foam pre filter too. Thanks

joe_indi

Quote from: trhill on August 06, 2013, 11:24:25 AM
I'll have to find a really fine mesh
You could use the mesh from a discarded MS460/660 air filter.
BTW, are your present air filters with metal mesh or fleece?
Even if it is either of the two, here is something else that gives you an effective fix.You will need some metal mesh and a soldering iron for this

trhill

Great idea, that gives me a couple routes to go. The filters are the metal mesh with the fabric or flocking gone in a few spots.

Thank You Sponsors!