iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trusty 55 Rancher trouble

Started by muley, September 14, 2013, 06:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muley

My faithful 55 Rancher has started acting cold blooded after 12 years of cutting 6-10 cords of firewood per year.  It still has good spark and fair compression.  The fuel supply line is still good.   It started taking longer and longer to warm up.  If you set it down for 5 min it would act like the first start of the day and take too long to warm up.  I put a carb kit in it (from dealer) and no change whatsoever.  Any ideas guys?  I really like this saw and would love to continue using it.  Thanks!

ladylake

Could be a partially clogged carb or a air leak.  Try opening the low adjuster almost 1/4 turn first.  To check for a air leak with the saw running spray a little starting fluid around the seals , base gasket and carb intake. If that slows down or stops your saw it has a leak.  Make sure the starting fluid isn't going into the carb, when I do this on my Echo saws with known good seals on the starter side it must go right into the carb intake as it slows down the saw. Before opening the low adjuster turn it in all the way and count the turns in the open it about 1/4 turn more out , if it's much less than 1-1/4 turn out that will cause hard starting and being cold blooded  . Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!