iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another log truck accident in my county.

Started by BargeMonkey, September 24, 2015, 10:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Someone tried to make a U-turn on RT20 and got over just a little to far. Had to be quite the ride. 

Truck is done, and I don't think that trailer is good for much but spare axles. Hate seeing stuff like this because it just beefs up DOT around here.

1270d

sandsawmill14

WOW  :o :o :o  thats a mess

we had one a good while back turn over in the driveway at the mill yard trying to make a u turn. flat ground all gravel with no soft spots just overloaded and bad top heavy. he got lucky though the kingpin broke and let the tractor set back up before it warped the frame. had to change fifth wheel and was ready to go back to work. trailer was a mess but with some mighty hard pulling with 2 komatsu ( 1 loader 1 trackhoe) we got the all the wheels back on the ground and its back hauling logs
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

CCC4

What will a load like that weight? I mean, if you take up 4 lanes and a median with the total of your load trailors length...dang thats a long setup there. Straps held great it looks like!

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Autocar

Makes me squirm just thinking how the drive handled the O Dot cop  ;D .
Bill

starmac

Quote from: chester_tree _farmah on September 26, 2015, 02:31:37 PM
U turn there with that load?  Seriously?

My thoughts too, stupidity has no bounds. I bet he is wishing he had driven a few miles to find a safe turn around spot now.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

lopet

Why would you drag a unit like that through the ditch and get all that frame twisted.     I bet, there is another story behind it.
I guess it's a little twisted now anyways.  ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

There's a decent turn around every few miles on that rd, I figure the guy whipped in and didn't think about just how long and heavy he was.  :D  it's a shame because that's a decent truck and trailer, or was.  ;D  had a mini van tag a log truck 2 towns over the other night, people don't learn or slow down.

sawguy21

That wasn't a bright move especially on a slope. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

starmac

I have been driving trucks off and on for over 40 years. It is not uncommon at all to see truckers (wannabes) try and turn around and get in a bind. Usually just stuck, but have even seen fatalities from it too. I don't care if it is fifty miles to a safe turn around, it is always cheaper than a tow truck.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

barbender

I've been that new guy making dumb mistakes before- thankfully, no accidents. One time, when first hauling wood, I turned around loaded on a fairly busy highway because I heard there was a DOT roadside check ahead and I was afraid I was a couple thousand heavy. Then it occurred to me what a foolish thing I had done, taking chances over a possible overweight ticket.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!