iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's for Valentines day dinner?

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, February 14, 2013, 07:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Tonight Diane and I are having grilled NY strip steaks, red potatoes and pan fried green beans. The potatoes will be sliced up with some onion, bacon drippings, salt, pepper and Italian seasonings, wrapped in foil and tossed on the grill for about an hour. The beans will be pan fried in a cast iron pan with bacon drippings, of course!

We could have gone out but I prefer to cook  ;D
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

thecfarm

Wife is not a big meat eater. So pizza at Pikes!!!!!! This is a local small store that sells all the stuff you need to keep you happy. She mentioned the other night we have not a pizza from Pikes in a while,so I will surprise her after we take the GD home from college. Half onion and green pepper on her side,my side will have pepperoni on it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

Going to a little bar about 10 miles away that just came under new ownership, it's ribs tonight I think.  With the new ownership came new cooks, they can cook!  :)

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

moosehunter

Shrimp scampi, I'm cooking! Have not thought of a side dish yet.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jeff

I'm inventing some sort of casserole. It will be topped with some cheese slices I cut into heart shapes. Hopefully when they melt the don't change shape and start to look like 4 big butts. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

That's a bit risky. Maybe lay on the cheese late in the cooking, like when serving?   :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on February 14, 2013, 04:39:01 PM
Hopefully when they melt the don't change shape and start to look like 4 big butts. ;D

OK....I'm rolling. :D I can see Wildflower sitting down at the table and looking at your delicious meal. :o :o :o
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Honey...is this BUTT CASSEROLE?  :D

Jeff

It's out of the oven, no ifs, no ands and especially no butts. 8) 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on February 14, 2013, 05:15:47 PM
It's out of the oven, no ifs, no ands and especially no butts. 8)

You're all HEART Jeff.  ;D I hope ya'll have a great meal.  :)

coxy

ellios pizza for us pop went to the E R today

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: coxy on February 14, 2013, 05:57:41 PM
ellios pizza for us pop went to the E R today

Hope your Pop is OK. Enjoy your Pizza....one of my favorites, ANYTIME.

coxy

drobertson

Steak is on the order, later this week end for sure, but for tonight, I baked a chicken, and Christy baked the cherry pie,, 8)   

Just waiting on the stir fried beans and baked tators,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The Pie looks like an old mans face and he's taking a nap.

I'll bet it'll be tasty though.  smiley_thumbsup

Jeff

It tastes a whole lot better than it looks.  There is ground brown chicken, black olives, onions, mushrooms, some left over black beans from supper last night, some Italian stewed tomatoes, elbow macaroni and topped with half of a small box of stove top stuffing I found in the pantry. (I'll cook with it as flavored bread crumbs, but I wont eat it as stuffing) a small amount of cheese on top to finish it off at the end.   About once a week, I make too much food on purpose, not for us, but for another reason. This is a bit rich for me to eat more than one time, so Tammy is delivering it to the Neighbors and the Foster kids right now. :)

lowpolyjoe

Waiting (somewhat) patiently to pick up my order from Pizza Hut.  Always a madhouse in here.  Not very romantic but it was her choice :-)

Wow you're adventurous Jeff.  I never made anything with that many ingredients in my life. 

Slab Slicer

I made these last year for breakfast. We don't do the V-day dinner during the week, so we settle for Saturday morning breakfast. This is one of my pieces of vintage cast iron cookware in action.

With the lid closed

And the finished product. These are some tastey waffles.

2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

Jeff

Hey, thats awesome. You just need some of thecfarm's blueberry preserves now. :)

Slab Slicer

Home made strawberry does the trick for us. I like blueberry though. Is there any available?
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

Jeff

I think he sent me the last jar, and I finished that off this past saturday. :D  It is some of the best I've had. Better than mine even.

samandothers

I Grilled T bones,
Wifey steamed asparagus, and baked sweet potatoes.

ice cream with whipped cream, dark chocolate and cherries! 

OH baby!

Tongue about beat me to death licking my lips!

Thank You Sponsors!