iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's for dinner?

Started by 4x4American, June 25, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

At least a turnip you can drown in butter. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

I also dislike "rootabeggers" but there is no taste of them in Troll Pies or Pasties.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mike_belben

Pork tenderloin, pan seared in oil, buttered and seasoned, wrapped up then baked to 150F internal temp. 

Unripe Mr Stripey tomatoes and straightneck yellow squash breaded and fried in olive oil.  

Praise The Lord

Chuck White

It all looks yummy!  digin_2
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

That looks hard to beat. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

That pork looks good!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

So do dem fried squashes. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mike_belben

I was really surprised how good fried green tomatoes and squash are.  Boiled squash is all i ever really had and ive kinda been blah on it my whole life.  Fried squash is like onion rings.. Eat all i can get.  Wish i planted more now.  

Im not the greatest cook but been learning more in recent years.  I think the trick to thicker meats is a good hot and fast sear.  Burn the exterior and dont turn it if its stuck to the pan or grill, that means its not ready.  Id say 2 to 4 minutes per side and then i back off the heat and cook until the internal temp is whatever it should be without cutting into it at all.  If you cut or poke the juices just run out.  I would rather cut it on the plate and decide it needs a few more minutes then cut to check color on the flame and then overcook the inside.   Also letting it sit for 5 to 10 mins after coming off the fire really does something good inside.  

With deer it helps to let steaks sit a few extra days in the fridge before cooking.  I dont put them on until the red color turns to brown.  I havent had a piece of gamey deer yet with this approach. No need for marinades, everything has been soft so far.

The leftover chunk of that pork loin got sliced up thin and butter fried then into spaghetti last night.  Was also pretty good. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Chuck White

Not nearly ready up here yet!

They're only a little over 1/4 inch now, need to wait until around mid-August!

Then if we can get some rain, we might have berries!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Treehack

For us, the black berries are still green and about three weeks out.  The black raspberries are in full swing.  I was able to get 5 pints of jam from the last picking.  Would have got more if not for the dang ice cream last few nights that needed some.
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

mike_belben

The wifes work often tosses a bunch of leftover catered food from pharmaceutical reps pushing their pills and she brings home what she can.  This time it was baked potatoes and pulled pork.. Too much to even fit in a camper fridge.. So i mixed it all together with BBQ sauce into home fries.  There was also some bacon and ground venison about to go bad so it went in the oven.  Wish i had onions. 
Praise The Lord

4x4American

That looks good @ hashtag mike_belben
Boy, back in my day..

caveman

I had an early supper tonight.  Getting hungry for dessert.  This was supper by the way.
Caveman

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Raider Bill

Looks like a big mound of ice cream, whipped cream and peaches on top.

I can't figure out the pickle looking thing underneath as it wouldn't make sense with the above ingredients.

Maybe it's a jalapeno
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mike_belben

Odd place for a spoon i reckon.  

;D
Praise The Lord

caveman

Its is a small bowl of Bluebell ice cream topped with very ripe and sweet mangos.  My folks have two mango trees and the one that these mangos came from produces the sweetest and best textured mangos that I have ever had.  That was the spoon in the bottom center of the picture.  

Those same ripe mangos are also very good on top of blackened snapper (fyi).
Caveman

Magicman

Supper tonight:

Chicken Tender pan seared/broiled in Wishbone Italian Dressing, Pinkeye Purple Hull Peas e/w Green Tomato relish, couple of Pickled Beets and a slice of Cornbread.  food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Tonight I had a....

Yup, a BLT.  food6

WDH

No dishes to clean up, either ;D. 

SawyerTed

I had leftovers of chicken and BBQ. This was what I cooked yesterday for a party.

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

DPatton

:)Tonight was a seasonal favorite.

W
Fresh teal fillets with a slice of jalapeƱo wrapped in bacon, drizzled with honey and bbq, seasoned and grilled medium rare.

Served with baked potato, peas, and a foil wrapped seasoned and grilled onion. :D :D My apologies for sampling the baked potato before the photo.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Magicman

If you are gonna tell the truth, tell the whole truth.  One of them ducks is gone too!!  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!