iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Butcher

Started by WV Sawmiller, June 05, 2019, 08:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Anybody watching the new show "The Butcher" on the History Channel? Comes on tonight at 10:00 pm EST if I remember correctly. We watched it last week and really enjoyed it - even my 7 & 11 y/o granddaughters. The show started with 4 contestants who were experienced butchers. First round they had to break down half a side of beef and got points for each cut of meat they properly prepared. The judges rejected cuts with too little or too much fat or sinew etc. The young lady washed out there I think just because the meat was too big for her to work as fast as the bigger men. Next they had to properly guess the weight at one lb and cut 2 packs by hand and one with an old circular hand crank slicer on 3 packs of bacon. One guy had 46 years of experience and hit the mark every time which amazed me. Then the final 2 had to skin and butcher a 10' python, a nutria and an iguana and butcher who produced the greatest value won. The old timer made some nutria sausage which put him over top.

I've cut up a lot of different kinds of wild game and really enjoyed watching these experts do it properly and quickly. I am anxious to see what the contests are tonight. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

Sounds interesting, will have to look for it.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WV Sawmiller

I enjoyed last night's show. Same thing with the lady contestant - washed out in first round after failing to break down a bison with a tomahawk fast enough. Too big for her work as fast as the men. Second round they had to make 6- 6" sausages by sight then the two finalists had to break down an ostrich. I learned it is better to cut strips for grinding than cubes so I will remember that this fall when I go to make deer sausage or burger. I love educational shows with practical applications. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Haven't seen it yet, but if I can catch it, I'll be watching it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

Just mark your calendar for 10:00 pm on Wednesdays on the History Channel to catch it.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!