iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

yooper albino meese

Started by iffy, October 27, 2009, 01:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iffy

After about a dozen forwards I received an email with a number of pictures of a pair of albino moose. An exerpt from the email:
These animals  were  photographed just north of the Wisconsin border on  a highway  near Marenisco , MI

Chuck White

I received the same e-mail just yesterday.
Funny how things get around so fast!

It would be neat seeing them though!

I saw an albino spike-horned whitetail a few days ago, not far from here,
Of course we didn't have a camera with us!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Interesting pics, and they have been circulating for about 3 or 4 years now.  :)

They have been attributed to being in Canada from ocean to ocean and across the US from Idaho through MI to ME.

Still good pics. Just that they get around so fast and so far (thanks to the internet, I 'spose).

I believe someone posted these from Marinesco last year on the FF. Anyone recall?

Here is one dated 2006
http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2006/09/14/seeing-double/
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

Heck, they were in my yard just last week. :D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Mooseherder

Oh Yeah!
I got this one last week. :D

iffy

Ya always gotta wonder about stuff like this in email. Usually I check it out on snopes, but this time I didn't get tuit. I figured the pictures were neat enough it didn't really matter where they came from.

stonebroke

It is still pretty amazing

Stonebroke

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

With the color drain and exchange capabilities of photoshop, I rarely believe anything like that in a photo at first blush that I get in email anymore unless its actually taken and sent directly by someone I know.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bull

Those twins must be well traveled, I was told by a freind that his friend was the original photographer and the picture is take on the main road from Lily Bay to Kokadjo north of Greenville Maine... The original email i recieved had 5 or more pictures and one had a red mini van in it with a main license plate on the front bumper..... I have had these moose as my screen saver for about 4 years....

beenthere

Like Jeff says, we could put a different license plate on that minivan very easily.

Regardless where they were snapped (or photoshopped), they make a good pic.  ;D
south central Wisconsin

iffy

Yeh, I got all those other pictures too, but only posted the one.

Jeff

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

SwampDonkey

Looks like Jeff has the one on the right all harnessed to do the packing of the quarters of the one he has the bead on. Can't do a little pulpwood skidding first? :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

I just noticed Balloon Boy scooting on by.
Didn't notice the first time. :D

Weekend_Sawyer

Ha! I didn't even notice baloon boy till you said it!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Mooseherder

I've received this e-mail from 3 different people with the same story so it must be true. :D
The e-mail says the pictures were taken at Elliott Lake Ontario.  It may be coming your way soon. ;D

Jeff

That's an easy fake to spot. Look at the direction of the light and shadows on the trees and the road. He doesn't block any of it.

crtreedude

Quote from: Jeff on November 01, 2009, 08:53:34 AM
That's an easy fake to spot. Look at the direction of the light and shadows on the trees and the road. He doesn't block any of it.

I think I know that feller! I was coming out of the White Mountains at about 4 am in the morning and a moose crossed right in front of me. It was the first one I saw and it felt like I could drive under its belly with my Jeep Wrangler.  :o
So, how did I end up here anyway?

sawguy21

I met him on highway 5 just north of Valemount B.C., at least he LOOKED that big in the headlights. :o
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

No, I met him and his brother a couple seasons ago on the woodlot. All I could see was eye balls, like them whale pictures close up to a dingy, 10 feet away. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!