iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

info on old Mall

Started by Mark K, February 14, 2010, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark K

Trying to find anything about a Mall chainsaw I have. My grandfather brought 3 of these back from Maine many years ago. 1 is parts, 1 does run and the other hasn't ran in about 20 years. The 1 that does run needs a gas filter which is a cartridge and the carb needs rebuilding. Where can I find parts, if there even availible. They all have tags that say Mall Tool company, Hornet, model DJ, assembly number 3600H. There is a cable that disengages the clutch and a lever that turns the bar sideways. I'm not looking to cut timber with these, just restore them. Cant imagine lugging it through the woods all day. I checked a couple sites and can't find this saw. Thanks for any info.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mark K

I looked in there but couldn't find anything that looked like it. Most of there Malls are red, these are yellow. The handle on the 6 foot bars is yellow too. They did come from a logging company that my grandfather worked for so they could have been painted. Grandfather passed away a few years ago so I have little info.
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Mark K

Found it under Hornet, not under Mall. Thanks Jeff
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Rocky_J

A quick Google search of that model number brought this page up as the first result-
http://vintagechainsawcollection.blogspot.com/
Scroll down a little bit to find your saw.

Mark K

Thanks, that is a pretty neat site. The long bar must be something that someone made, says longest bar is 42". Thats what is on them now, the long bar is taller than I am and I'm 6'2.
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!