iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logs for a cabin?

Started by sprinkle, June 17, 2015, 12:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprinkle

WHats the best wood for this? And who would I buy them from? I will process them.
I once thought I knew everything, and the old man talked to slow. Now I prefer to not say a word and let the old man finish. Life is easier this way.

beenthere

sprinkle
No good or easy way to answer that question without having your location in your profile. Click on your forum name and it will take you there. An update will help.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

X2 about the profile update.  It helps with questions, plus we like to know who our neighbors are.   :)

Your options are very limited in West Texas and transportation cost will be a killer.  I have no suggestions, but Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sprinkle

I agree fellas, I will work on it! I live in lubbock TX hardly any trees at all. But I bought land near Chama New Mexico and want to build a log cabin on it .
I once thought I knew everything, and the old man talked to slow. Now I prefer to not say a word and let the old man finish. Life is easier this way.

submarinesailor

Quote from: sprinkle on June 19, 2015, 01:17:11 AM
But I bought land near Chama New Mexico and want to build a log cabin on it .

Drove thru Chama one time during the later part of October and thought the area was very pretty.  Took US 64 from the Grand Canyon, all the way to Taos.  I remember viewing the Brazso Peak area as we drove up the mountain.

Bruce

Magicman

I imagine that you will need to contact the USFS about a designated area in a National Forest that allows harvesting Lodgepole Pine, etc.  There may be some areas in Colorado such as Navajo Peak East of Chromo.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Welcome aboard. Chama is a nice area for a cabin. There are lots of beetle kill pine. How to get it I have no idea. Surely there is some way to get enough to build a cabin before it all rots away. Good luck and when you get it built, we will have to drop by and say howdy. bg

Thank You Sponsors!