iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Contest

Started by Maineloggerkid, May 17, 2008, 07:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maineloggerkid

Just got back from the 32nd anual region loggers meet. I won the individual game of logging chainsaw events, and won the team loader.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

jokers

You`re kidding? And you`re only 17? Congrats!

Greg Cook

Way to go! Winning contests and makin' money by logging....where were you when my daughter was getting maried?!  Just kidding, but glad ya done good.

Greg
"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

Maineloggerkid

Just to clarify- this is high school level. But the guy that does the real game of logging scored it.

Zachman was there, but I dont know how he did.

thecfarm

That is good.Congrats to you.What did you have to do to win the chainsaw event and the team loader? How many was you competing against?Where was it held?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

zackman1801

lol it wasnt really a loader dude, it was a Valmet forwarder. it was sweet, i got second place in the loader comp unfortunately i got to be the guinea pig and had to go first i knocked over a few logs but i didnt think i did bad being the first and only time i had ever even seen one of those work much less get to handle and control one. the only other one i competed in was the pulp for distance, i got the high score for my team but then again i still sucked. But you did good, you beat the crap out of Jesse scribner, our contestant, he preaches and praises about how much wood he cuts with his father but he hardly ever has anything to show for it. You did a good job and it was a fun second day, the first part of the first day was kind of a time when everyone was kind of trying to show everyone else up, but then it got more laid back and we actually got into talking with each other and made some friends. had i have known who you were i would have talked with you the first day but, i didnt even see you untill the second day. i
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

Maineloggerkid

Ya, it was fun meeting you and seeing some old freinds again.

To win the GOL I had to do a borestation, a springploe, and presicion felling. My felling was twice the next competitors score, if I heard right.

It was a valmet 646 forwarder, but they used it as a loader. The loader was like a chess board, is what it made me think of. OYu had to take 2' peices of wood on end and place them inside painted circles of the matching color without touching the paint.

We got second in log roll, and I got third in the fowarder simulators, too.  It was held in dyer brook, just above island falls. In the GOL, there was probably 5 other guys in that, but it was a 3 way tie until the felling, when I got the lead.  IN all, there was probably 100 people competing in various events.

timberfaller390

L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

sgtmaconga

way to go!!!!!!!!
Measure twice cut once

Thank You Sponsors!