iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln Drying Short Course

Started by fireman05, February 20, 2007, 05:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireman05

Does anyone know where I might fing information regarding a short course on kiln drying somewhere near Michigan?  All of my drying experience has come from what I have read and experienced through trial and error.  I am looking to educate myself better through an actual course if one is available. 

I have had a solar kiln which I operated for 10 years before upgrading to a Nyle L200 DH kiln which I am very satisfied with.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wood Mizer LT40G Manual, Nyle L200 kiln, Logosol PH260 Moulder, Kubota L4300 with Farmi winch

Den Socling

I don't know anything about MI but here in PA Penn State's Dept. of Ag has regular short courses for kiln operators like you. I would check with the college closest to you.

oakiemac

Hey fireman, I'm looking at going to a 3 day course in Memphis TN. The date is some time in June if I remember right. It cost like $550 so I'm debating on wether to spend the coin or not.
If you are interested I can fax you the info or give you the phone number. It looks like a real good course.

Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Justin L

I went to the 3 day beginners course in Memphis & thought is was worth every penny.  I hadn't done any drying so I wanted to get a head start without having to figure it all out on my own. Some people had been drying for some time and some were new like me.

My wife & packed up the kids(ages 2,4 &6) & made a vacation out of it. They hit the zoo while I was in class. The drive back was long, I think it was 11 hours or so to Northern Indiana.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant! :)

Ga_Boy

The University of Minnesota at the Minneapolis-St Paul campus holds a kiln operators course.  This is the one I attneded.  Good instructors and I learned alot.

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Thank You Sponsors!