iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Day after Christmas

Started by sawguy21, December 26, 2004, 09:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Did everyone have a good Christmas and was Santy good to you? I don't think I will need to eat again for at least a day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Curlywoods

Got my wishes fullfilled (lots of sock and underwear :-))  The family seemed to all be happy.  Had a little fire and sat around the living room most of the day.  It was really hard to not try to go to the shop and take care of the many unending "to do's".   I finally succumbed to the leisure pace that the wife and daughter demanded.  

I am a workaholic/Type A/lunatic that must be restrained physically to stop me most of the time.  One of the bad habits that I got from my Dad I guess. Great day to be alive :-)

All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Ga_Boy

Sawguy,

The kids got what they wanted and I got what I wanted when I watched them open thier presents.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Jeff

There are a couple 3 places I could have posted this. The My Straw hat thread for one. :)

The day after Christmas Tammy decided we should go to Walmart for "The Sale". We discovered they had Tom there and he was half off so Tammy bought him, brought him home, put his straw hat and a flannel shirt on him and gave him a saw. He's to big for any of the pants we have here so she's going to make him a pair. Until then, hes gotta dress like santa from the waist down.

Here is Tom the Movie! (almost 500k, large download!)

This is the last bunch to un scram ble!

REPEATABLE HENCE THERETO
SO MISTER THE ARCH
WANT TOAST ON MUSICIAN CLOGS
A DREAMER GRINNED A GROOVY BRUNET
STEM HIS WIT ARCH

TIJOH

You will need to unscramble these last 5 and use them to fill in this web address:
https://forestryforum.com/-----.htm
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

That's a riot , Jeff :D Which half is off ??? He could almost saw with his right hand ;D or maybe engage the drive on a bandsaw ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Curlywoods

All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Tom

That's neat!  

If yer off center, are ya still half off?    ;D :)

DanG

You got a bargain!  I knew Tom was a little bit off, but I didn't know it was HALF!   ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Faron

We had a wonderful Christmas.  The grandkids (there are six of 'em) told the Christmas story in their  own words before opening gifts, and that meant a lot to me.  Later we all had Christmas with MY grandmother.  Our family rented the chapel in the nursing home for a couple of hours, something I did not know was available.  Grandma kind of felt like she was hosting the event, like she used to do.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

DanG

That's super, Faron! :)  My wife is a nurse and works on the Assisted Living floor at a retirement community. She is appalled at the number of families who just ignore the oldsters during the holidays. That makes it even nicer to hear of folks that do make the effort and spend the time with them. I'm sure that day was real special for your Grandmother. :) :)  8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

Tom, you are now immortal ;) ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Tammy decided today to let Tom scale logs instead of buck. He has his scale stick, a tablet, a "Whackulater" a pencil and a hanky and new Tammy-made-duds. He did have a hip flask but I took that away from him as he has work to do.

Oh! And a better pair of specs.

Stump Jumper

kinda looks like a union man  ;) ::) 8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Texas Ranger

Jeff, is that a pair of your britches from back before?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Before what? >:( ;)

NO! Tammy just made those, that dude has a 50 inch waist. I can say that I am not near that big yet. ;D

Minnesota_boy

While most of us seem pretty happy about the day after Christmas, I think none of us are as happy as my next door neighbor.  Their son married a girl from Thailand and lives there, so the neighbor and his wife flew down to visit for Christmas.  They stayed in a hotel just off the beach and had a wonderful time there.  Their flight home was on Christmas day and was pretty long but uneventful, just a boring flight.  The day after they left Thailand, the hotel and thousands of peoples' lives were snuffed out as the sea rose up and engulfed them.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Furby

How'd their son and his wife make out?

Minnesota_boy

Their son and daughter-in-law live inland and were only on the beach for the vacation.  I'm sure they will be affected as there was such devastation that it will affect the entire area for years, but in the short run they are fine.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Thank You Sponsors!