iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

461 cranking problems

Started by slider, November 19, 2018, 07:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

I have had this 461 for 5 years. I have drop started this saw without using the decompression valve with no problems until now. It will snatch the pull handle from your hand at some point causing great pain.

I had my saw tec look at it and he replaced the ignition module with a used one and tuned the carb. It is better but will still bight you from time to time. I dont crank it anymore without gloves on.

Any suggestions  .
al glenn

ladylake

Al

It could be getting carboned  up increasing the compression or your arm isn't as strong as it once was.  Those saws take a good fast pull.  Can you get it going with the decompression valve.   I'm down to using a 40 or 50 cc saw most times now.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Hilltop366

Any chance the flywheel moved a bit and advanced the timing?

slider

Steve i think you are right as much as i hate to admit it . I have 2 years on you and i am not as strong as i was . Although i still go pretty hard for an old goat. When i'm not doing tree work i'm sawing at my mill. 

My tec cleaned the decompression valve and scoped the cylinder and found no problems with carbon . I have one ground man with my tree  service full time that is a big guy but older like me and it does him the same way . 

We get on some big stems so going to a smaller saw wont work for us. 

I start it from the ground now using the decompression valve now but it still bights from time to time. 

Thanks for reminding me of getting old .A tip for you , take your fiber with a bud light,you dont even taste it.
al glenn

ladylake

Al

It's bourbon, not bud lite.     Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

lxskllr

I was helping an older friend with his mower. He said he tried to get the blades off, but they were too tight. He's pretty capable, and always seemed strong enough to me, so I figured they must have really been stuck on there. I got on the ground, blocked the pulley, dug my boots in, and... Almost pulled my arm out of socket when it came loose *much* easier than I was expecting  :^D

Thank You Sponsors!