iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rain rain

Started by Po-Jo, February 26, 2013, 12:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Po-Jo

wow we have gotton 13" of rain for the month of Febuary so far, and another storm is moving in tonight, I'm gonna need an Ark to travel     

DanG

Where are you located, Po-jo?  That's about what we have gotten here.  It has been raining steady since late afternoon Sunday, plus it rained all day Friday and Saturday.  I think we are something like 10" above normal for the year so far! :o :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

Well duh.  I see your location now. :D  Welcome to the soggy forum.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Po-Jo

I'm telling ya its bad here, I have to go down a 3 mile dirt road to get to the house and it is almost un-passable now. Hope I can get to the house in the morning.

julio

it has rained  8.30 inchs up here and is raining now ,we missed the storm early today
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

customsawyer

We went from being really dry to really wet.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

This will really help to restore the deep soil moisture.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on February 26, 2013, 07:09:48 AM
This will really help to restore the deep soil moisture.

You are right......especially if we have NO Spring and we go straight into Summer. H O T !
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

scgargoyle

I actually caused this weather- I'm trying to build a house in upstate SC. Don't worry, as soon as I get dried in, the rain will stop! :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Raider Bill

Quote from: scgargoyle on February 26, 2013, 07:54:39 AM
I actually caused this weather- I'm trying to build a house in upstate SC. Don't worry, as soon as I get dried in, the rain will stop! :D

HAHA! :D :D :D Ain't that the truth!

How about some pictures?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

My pond had not reached spillway height in 4 years.  It is steadily running out now and has been for a month.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

Our ponds are still not even half full but coming up. I just looked out and could see the little stream to the west of the house shows signs of running. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 26, 2013, 08:23:02 AM
My pond had not reached spillway height in 4 years.  It is steadily running out now and has been for a month.

Now you can wash your logs using your backhoe.  ;D

WDH

I'm trying to build a house in upstate SC. Don't worry, as soon as I get dried in, the rain will stop! :D

We could come and help you.  (But, then again, you might not want our help  :)).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on February 26, 2013, 04:34:24 PM
I'm trying to build a house in upstate SC. Don't worry, as soon as I get dried in, the rain will stop! :D

We could come and help you.  (But, then again, you might not want our help  :)).

Your right Danny......what's that old saying, "Measure once, cut twice". :D

Todd

I think the saying is "I've cut it twice and its STILL too short!" ::)
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Sonofman

"HEY MA!, Get out the board stretcher!"
Located due west of Due West.

Slabs

Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a piece of chalk and cut it with a fire axe!!!
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

WDH

But just think of all the cool stuff that you could grill for us.  That would be fun (for us)  :D.

Po-Jo

well we ended up with the grand total for February of 14.8" theres a pond on the farm that was nearly dry and has went to full and running over the spill way , have not seen that in about 8 yrs,     sqeeters and Gnats gonna be rollin this year

Sonofman

Yeah, I already have skeeters in buckets of water standing around here. I also have purple martin houses up, no martins yet. I just wish the martins did not leave so early in the year, usually by the second week of July, the adults are gone, the juveniles stay a little longer.
Located due west of Due West.

Thank You Sponsors!