iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Morristown, NJ

Started by lowpolyjoe, March 03, 2013, 12:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpolyjoe

Hey All,

I was at Lewis Morris park in Morristown,NJ yesterday.  Tons of downed trees still everywhere in the wooded trails.

Saw this pile of firewood in one of the parking lots. Was curious if anyone on here was involved in whatever is going on there.

drobertson

Looks like all thats left is finishing ;D  Loading :D 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Tom L

anything that looks like that in a park in NJ would be too much of a political nightmare to even think of getting involved with. someone who knows someone, related to so and so, friends of ? cutting firewood out of the park on state time to get someone else free firewood, wink wink, nod nod,

no other reason to do that.

beenthere

I can visualize that this blocking is the result of the park employees removing some of the down trees (maybe for aesthetics and maybe they were just considered hazards), then blocking them up in the empty parking lot, and in time (if the wood pickers don't take them) the park staff will remove them.
It is one way of satisfying firewood gatherers without letting them in the woods itself.
Block it up and hope someone takes it, regardless of who they are and who they might know.  ;) ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ArborJake

Looks like it must have been dumped there. No saw dust anywhere. Maybe someone dumped it so as not to have to pay to dump it.
thick and thin lumber company. qaulity manufacturer of saw dust and slab wood.

Thank You Sponsors!