iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

vintage Miner Edger

Started by joymom, June 18, 2021, 11:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joymom

I have a vintage miner edger that I would like to sell. Any suggestions what I should ask for it? All the gears turn smoothly.   

hotos will follow

Southside

Likely its production days are well behind it.  So it's nostalgia value.  Is sawmilling of historic significance where you are?  Folks like yard art? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

moodnacreek

Surprisingly it has current flange block bearings. To bad it was left outside. The mandrel and shift collar need grease and oil instead of rust. A machine shop could make those parts. Next would be the feed rolls and unless they are in real good shape it will only cut banana boards. Meadows Mills owns Miner today.

Iwawoodwork

Welcome ,   would be good if you filled out location in your profile so we could know how close or far away you are.   There some of us who like that kind of old stuff and are not commercial production mills.

joymom

Quote from: Iwawoodwork on June 25, 2021, 04:46:21 PM
Welcome ,   would be good if you filled out location in your profile so we could know how close or far away you are.   There some of us who like that kind of old stuff and are not commercial production mills.

Thank you for the good suggestion. Took me a bit, but I got it added. 

joymom

Thank you for the info moodnacreek.

Iwawoodwork

Thank you for putting in your area, that sure helps with deciding to follow up further, just a little far for me.

Matt Moriva

Did you ever sell that edger, if not I would be interested

Craig Reynolds

Hello,
Do you still have the edger? We are restoring an 1879 Chase Turbine Sawmill and would be interested in getting an edger. Any idea how old your edger is? Thanks. 
Craig has 

Thank You Sponsors!