iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Comet watching

Started by Ianab, January 19, 2007, 02:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Took the old film camera out last night and set up the tripod to try and get some pics of comet McNaught

They actually came out OK  ;D

We went to a lookout overlooking the sea and watched the sunset.

As it got darker the comet appeared in the twilight

It then began clouding over, some shots through the clouds though.

It's a bit cloudy tonight so no more shots, but it's supposed to be visible for the next week so I'll see what else I can get  :)

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

breederman

Together we got this !

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Mooseherder

Great Pics Ian. Thanks for sharing. ;)

Tom

Good Show, Ian!

I really like the first photo.

isawlogs

I hope you keep posting those pics ..  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Tom

Just think of the array of pictures stuff like this would make in your Kid's room.

"Stuff that happened the year you were born".  :)

SwampDonkey

Great thread Ian, I'm watching with eyes wide open. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wesdor

Great photos!  I missed seeing it here in the Midwest and really appreciate your efforts.

I just used Google Earth to look up Stratford.  How far is it to the Tasman sea from your place?  I presume you have a great view of Mount Egmont  (or do you call it Taranaki) from your place.  I was able to visit New Zealand back in 1986 and fell in love with your country and the people.  You certainly have a great place to live.

Thanks again for the photos (comet AND non-comet)

Ianab

Hi Wesdor

It's about 1/2 hour drive to the beach from here, but you can go North, South or West and get to the sea.

It's hard to miss Mt Egmont from Stratford, unless it's covered in clouds, but thats only about 50% of the time  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!