iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Membar

Started by smokeatrr, January 11, 2015, 06:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeatrr

Been following forestry forum for a while looking to saw wood on my property in east georgia. Could not find anyone that would select cut because it was only 20 acres of pines. Found a used 2014 Wood-Mizer for a fair price, but Wood-Mizer warranty is only good for original owner. I would also like to know how many carry insurance on their mills and where to get it?

thecfarm

smokeatrr,welcome to the forum. Margeson & Associates are sponsors on the left side of the page for insurance on a mill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

sounds like you have a plan! hopefully you wont' have any warranty issues for a while,  and I sure wish I had 20 acres of pine to log ;D
If you look to the left on the list of sponsors you will see one that several folks use for insurance.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new (to you) mill and welcome to the Forestry Forum, smokeatrr.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Andy White

smokeatrr,
Welcome to the forum. You will find out anything you will want to know about sawing, logging and anything else wood. Good mill, and very trouble free. A good adjustment session, and you will be in the "dust" soon. Remember, We Like Pictures.      Andy 8) 8)
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

julio

Welcome to forum Smokeattr. You are just down the road from me .
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

flatrock58

smokeatrr

I had the same problem.  I have about 7 acres that the pine beetles were attacking and could not get anyone to cut the pines.  Bought a 2011 WM super and have been trying to get ahead of the beetles.  I am going to build me a nice workshop this spring with the lumber.  Good luck with the new mill.  You should have years of troublefree service.   

Steve
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

slider

Welcome smokeeaterr what mill did you buy.
al glenn

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Smokeatrr.  I have insurance through Margeson and Assoc.  No local "name brand" insurance companies would touch a sawmill.    Good luck with your Woodmizer. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Gasawyer

Welcome to the forum! And good luck with your new mill.
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

backwoods sawyer

A good many of us here have bought used WM mills, the warrenty may not transfer but the good customer service does ;)

The mill I bought is an RA mill which is a half breed between the 40 and the 70 and had had a rough life and needed a complete ovehaul when I picked it up. WM worked with me on getting the right parts and up grades in a timely manner allowing me to keep making sawdust as I revamped the mill that first year. The UPS guy had my stop down to 5 sec flat ;D

Now 8 1/2 years later the mill is in top notch condition and still gets hard use on a regular basis.

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

pine

Welcome. You will get many good years and experiences from that mill.  Enjoy

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, smokeatrr.  I also bought a used WM, and there has never been a need for warranty.  I just finished my 12th year of sawing, and now well over a million bf of lumber sawed.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

smokeatrr

Thanks for the welcome and info. I bought a slightly used LT35 hydraulic. It is supposed to rain all week so I may not get to saw on my day off.

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Congrats on the mill. Ever been around a sawmill? You will like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: smokeatrr on January 11, 2015, 05:24:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome and info. I bought a slightly used LT35 hydraulic. It is supposed to rain all week so I may not get to saw on my day off.

"Grundens" rain gear holds up around the sawmill ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

jmouton

WELCOME TO THE FF ,,  SMOKEATRR,,  HAVE FUN  SAWIN
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. Best of luck with your mill.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WV Sawmiller

Smoke,

I just got my LT35 HD this month. You are going to enjoy that mill. Be careful but have fun.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!