iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Simple game feeder

Started by luvmexfood, January 10, 2015, 02:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

For someone that wants to make an unexpensive feeder for most wildlife, say to place in the corner of the yard so you can watch them here is what I do.

Get some 4" pvc pipe. The thin wall stuff works just as well. Then a couple of caps and a "Y" cleanout for each feeder. Place a cap on one end of pipe and you can drill a couple of small holes in the cap for drainage. Then cut it about 18" long, place a "Y" on it with the "Y" pointed up and then place around 36" or more pipe in the "Y" and then a cap on it.

To use just strap to a tree or post, remove the top cap and pour full of corn or other feed and replace cap. As wildlife eat the corn it feeds down from the top which acts as storage. What does get dropped on the ground gets eaten so no waste.

After a few days you can just set and watch the wildlife come for a snack.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

coxy

we use to do that but the darn deer just stayed  there and ate every thing that was in the tube  >:( :D

Peter Drouin

Quote from: luvmexfood on January 10, 2015, 02:23:08 AM
For someone that wants to make an unexpensive feeder for most wildlife, say to place in the corner of the yard so you can watch them here is what I do.

Get some 4" pvc pipe. The thin wall stuff works just as well. Then a couple of caps and a "Y" cleanout for each feeder. Place a cap on one end of pipe and you can drill a couple of small holes in the cap for drainage. Then cut it about 18" long, place a "Y" on it with the "Y" pointed up and then place around 36" or more pipe in the "Y" and then a cap on it.

To use just strap to a tree or post, remove the top cap and pour full of corn or other feed and replace cap. As wildlife eat the corn it feeds down from the top which acts as storage. What does get dropped on the ground gets eaten so no waste.

After a few days you can just set and watch the wildlife come for a snack.

Do you have a pic?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WmFritz

I made some of those up and used them around the property years ago. I kept one in the backyard. We got a kick out of watching the deer line up, waiting their turn to stick their nose in the pipe.

Then the Chronic Waste Disease came about in Michigan and Wisconcin, so I tossed them out.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!