iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

American Loggers?

Started by JDeere, January 08, 2012, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDeere

Does anybody from up Millinocket way know if the Pelletier's will be doing another series on the Discovery Channel? I had lunch with Rudy at a seminar last April and at that time he said they were discussing another season with the landowners, but nothing had been firmed up. I don't see anything on the Discovery website.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Decked

Hope so..good show.
Ax men , on the other hand ..is a joke!

Bobus2003

Quote from: Decked on January 08, 2012, 11:02:04 PM
Hope so..good show.
Ax men , on the other hand ..is a joke!

AX Men wasn't bad in the beginning, but now its just plain stupid.. Don't believe i'll be watching it anymore. BUT American Loggers Is a good Show!

forest.c

my brother works for them he says no it got canceled !
forest.c

thecfarm

That's too bad. Not enough "fighting" to make it interesting.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rockman

That's ashame  it was canceled, I liked watching as well, mainly because they we're genuine. Seems like the "reality" shows on Discovery are "unreal". Ax-men is a joke, I like Goldrush but I'm getting weary of the false drama and "staged" situations. Good for the Pellitiers IF it was canceled because they weren't comfortable with acting.

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

chevytaHOE5674

Don't you mean american truckers??? All they ever seemed to show was trucks running up and down the road.

IMO hardly anybody's  job is interesting enough to have its own weekly TV series unless they add a lot of made up drama and excitement to it to keep people interested.

jocco

Ah common I am like 10 times worse than jimmy smith on there :D Life is not a job its an adventure 8) With me they would not need to stage or scrip anything ;D Told the wife that if all that happend in real life (like axmen) whole crew would be fired or killed 8) Can't figure out how osha lets that stuff slide :o :P
You may check out but you will never leave

woodtick#2

Ax men what a joke, I tell you what, if "coatsie" grabbed me by the throat because he needed someone to blame for the malfunctioning equipment it would sure be the last time he would have hand function to grab someones throat.
-Nathan

tjdub

Quote from: rockman on January 09, 2012, 09:14:06 AMI like Goldrush but I'm getting weary of the false drama and "staged" situations. Good for the Pellitiers IF it was canceled because they weren't comfortable with acting.

I couldn't agree more.  I liked Goldrush too, but spent a lot of time shaking my head at them staging setups for dramatic effect.  It seems like the only way these shows get ratings is if they start borrowing lines from the Jerry Springer show. 

Corley5

If Coatsie was on my job and grabbed somebody by the throat he'd be all done in more ways than one  ::)
I was really disappointed that they even showed such a scene  >:(  Jimmy needs his butt kicked.  Hope he loses his boat  ;D
  On Goldrush's first season I questioned why nobody was doing test drills to see what was down there.  Halfway through the 2nd season someone finally suggests that it would be a good idea and not to mine until it's done  ::) :)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jocco

Now guys i have seen some jobs, yes logging where there was a physical altercation between 2 members. smiley_devil_trident and many close calls smiley_sick as tempers flare ;D
You may check out but you will never leave

Autocar

I agree pretty sad way to show the out side world, I like Swamp Loggers with Bobby Goodson thats on Tuesday nights here in Ohio. Ive never seen a man that can stay chilled out like Bobby  ;D
Bill

Jeff

Coatsie could/should very well be in Jail after that. Certainly an assault and potentially a deadly one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lumberjack48

I can't hardly watch the show, its scary when you know what could happen in the next split second.

I feel somebodies going to get hurt bad, you can't keep this foolishness up.

I tickled all over when Goatsie chocked the kid, i would have warped him in both ears, then give him a little kick where it counts, then asked him what his problem was.

I agree they should have never showed it, what do think the boys were doing in school today.

I've cut a lot of blow down like Gabe was felling, keeps you on your toes, hes a good feller.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Corley5

Gabe's good but he's cocky and takes unnecessary stupid risks for the camera.  It's only a matter of time for him.  One thing that scared me was the shot of Levi? Brown taken from a camera strapped to falling tree with him standing directly behind the tree as it was falling  :o
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

JDeere

That's a shame it was canceled. I get about 150 channels on my tv and think that was about the only show I really looked forward to watching. I wonder why it was canceled? Their ratings were one of the highest on the Discovery Channel. It may of had something to do with the land owners, maybe forest c. can fill us in. Probably unlikely, but I hope it comes back again in the future.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

rfm7fxfox

American Loggers was a good show, never seen a logging outfit roll/destroy so many trucks though! I heard the guy that was running the skidder who was lifting the front end up in the air got fired, suits him right IMO he was destroying those machines, I like Swamp Loggers and have a friend of mine whos wifes family is very good friends with the Goodsons and my buddy said Bobby is one hell of a nice guy. As for Axe Men that shows a huge joke, that show should be canceled but never will be cause its like a soap opera, filled with drama! You guys are right saying that coatsie woulda got stomped if he pulled that on my job and youre right in saying they never shoulda showed that but its what people want to see.. they keep up there idiotic ways someones gonna get killed, and for S&S Aqua Logging they need to just pack it up and go home, if those 2 worked the amout they fight they might actually produce something...i dont know IMO the shows a joke!
Dolmar 7900, Ported Dolmar 7910, Ported Johnsered 2172, J-Red 2186, Ported Husky 385, Ported J-Red 2258,Tree Farmer C5D,Timberjack 460 D.A. Grapple, 2015 KMC 2500 Grapple Track Skidder and 2005 Peterbilt 379 Logtruck

madmari

The Swamp Idiot has the next card up. Oughta put Coatsie in the jet boat with him and his pistol; have not figured out what blindly firing rounds off has to do with logging. That freak show down on the Swanee would be better suited for "Dr. Phil". Coatsie should have had his prostrate kicked where only a dentist could remove it. That wasn't staged- the dude was turning purple.
  Bobby Goodson and the Pelletiers are on Discovery. I've met those guys and they are real good people. AxDrama is on History. I don't think I'm going to stay up for AxDrama anymore. Get up early Monday and go enjoy my job in the woods.

That's my critique and I'm stickin' with it.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

PAFaller

I giving up watching Axmen the night its on, what a waste of time. I flipped it on last night after my wife and I finished watching a movie and saw just enough to see some blowhard from Papacs crew choking another guy when a piece of equipment wasn't running right. Now I know guys get hot-headed, and maybe thats why I work by myself and have only trees and rocks to take a swing at, but who honestly hires and keeps a guy like that. The original owners of the company may have been good workers and smart business men, but a lawsuit because you have guys on your crew who beat on each other like rabid dogs fighting for a steak could easily bankrupt your business. And its on national TV to boot, so how do you argue that it didn't happen. I have no respect for guys like that.
I watched American Loggers, as it was cool to see guys working in an area I was familiar with, but of all the shows I liked Mr Goodson and his crew the best. To me that man was the definition of good leadership. He is obviously successful in business but never lost touch with where he came from, and always seemed as he had the well-being of his crew at heart. He also rewarded his crew with Friday lunch when they worked hard and produced for him, no yelling and screaming and cursing required. I also give props to discovery for not editing out his remarks regarding his faith and his spirituality. His connection to the Lord is obviously important to him, and its good for people to see that these days.
It ain't easy...

sparky

I will not be watching Axe Men anymore as it does not meet my expectation of a "reality show". My friend's son attends a major university in the upper midwest. There is a reality show that features five students from this school. This fellow is aquainted with one of the gals in this series. She was given a shopping list of action she could take to make extra money during the filming.

She would be paid $500 if she started an arguement. She would get $1000 if she drank enought that she got sick. There was a page full of other actions that would bring in extra pay for her performances. So much for "reality"!

I expect that the characters on Axe Men have a similar shopping list. They must be way behind in their truck payments to act as they do in their show! They have to be play acting to behave in the manner that they do.

Saprky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

woodtick#2

Last season of ax men Gabe was cutting some logs that shifted on a loaded trailer and got hung up underneath.  After he cleaned the mess (and almost had a log fall on his cocky head) he told the camera "You know im not afraid of anything, I know everything and I just jump in and have full control of the situation" now I dont have all the answers and have only been chopping for a year or so now, correct me if im wrong.  That is 100% the wrong attitude especcially working in the woods, an old timer once told me "once you think you know it all you are done for"
-Nathan

timbuck2

If you don't think 90% of the show is staged for TV I got a quarter section of wall to wall and big around zat skidder tire.  woodtick#2 you are exactly right.

gharrett15

There are old loggers & bold loggers but no old bold loggers!

woodtick#2

^couldn't have summed it up any better than that
-Nathan

Thank You Sponsors!