iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prayers needed for my Dad

Started by SPD748, September 03, 2014, 07:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

wesdor

Prayers for both of you.  Be sure and tell him all the good memories while he is still here.

mometal77

I hope he gets better.  My mum is stubborn too and it is hard to convince otherwise.  Prayers ....
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

slider

Lee I have so much enjoyed your post while you and your dad worked together.Like Danny said you are a good man.Al
al glenn

Left Coast Chris

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

hardtailjohn

Lee, I just went through this with my Dad, so my heart goes out to you!  You're doing the right thing, and you're going to have the closest times with him now. I can't tell you how much it means to be able to "give back" to them. My Dad and I never had that relationship you and your Dad have, and I know how much closer we became at the end, and how much it meant to me to be able to give him that dignity and respect to be able to be home. God bless you both, it's a tough road, but well worth it! Read the "caregivers" thread...some great advice in there too.
I'm always willing to listen if you need a set of ears,
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

timberlinetree

Prayers for your dad and family.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Martha White Nelson

I am praying for your Dad and for you.  I was caring for my Dad after he had a mini-stroke. For some time, he had trouble remembering things, but one evening, he came very lucid and wanted to talk.  I urged him to tell the old stories about when he was in the Navy during WW2. I wrote as he was telling, and these storied are now published in a book about the smallest of ships used by the Navy, the LCS class, or the Landing Craft Support.  I also filmed him playing his guitar for the last time.  I wouldn't take gold for the time we spent together, or these precious memories of him.
Martha

Thank You Sponsors!