iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walnut Chest of Drawers

Started by WDH, May 15, 2018, 08:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I agree with David, at least take a Sharpie and date & initial them. 

I had a lady to call me this past Saturday about a clock that I had built.  She was wanting to know it's possible value so that she could sell it.  She said that it had a number 3-5-85, which I know was the date of mfg.  She also said that it was Oak, but I know that it is Pecan.  I am hoping that I can buy it.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Maybe you can buy it back and come full circle.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scsmith42

Well done Danny!  I always enjoy seeing your craftsmanship and artistry.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jemclimber

Very nice Danny!!!   I use my stamp and the dated penny for indicating the year made.  I love seeing your furniture!

As a father of 3 daughters I understand. My oldest is currently a walnut snob. She draws the picture and tells me to build.  She insists on being the one to grain match and absolutely can't have any sap wood in her pieces. :D  A true walnut snob.   I've had to rebuild end tables because of her acquired walnut taste.
lt15

WDH

It gets worse as they get older :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

Nice work WDH, but I noticed a few of the pieces have a strange wavy reflectance. It's almost impossible to remove such defects with tools or sandpaper, so being the true friend I am, I'll just come and pick up all your remaining "defect walnut". Your welcome.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

DanG.  Looks like I am going to have to pay you to take the stuff away :)

PC-Urban-Sawyer

DanG Danny, I'll dispose of it for you for just 10% of Jake's cost...

WDH

It is nice to have such generous friends.

teakwood

Impressive work!! and durable pieces 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

scsmith42

Danny, can you post some pix of the chest with the finish applied?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm so MAD I can't stand it!    :'(

I could have been born one of the Hamsley children and got furniture......
but NO!!!!!......I was born a Goat and got fleas! 
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Runningalucas

I can imagine out a 100 years, or so, the hands touching that handmade furniture; a momma will spark up, "Your great great great, grand daddy built that". 

That's what you built after all, a legacy item that many grand children will love. 8) 8)
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

WDH

The last pic is with the finish applied.  3 coats of satin polyurethane.

scsmith42

Quote from: WDH on June 06, 2018, 07:31:46 AM
The last pic is with the finish applied.  3 coats of satin polyurethane.
I missed that earlier.
The way that you made both top drawer fronts from the same board shows excellent craftsmanship! 

WDH

Thank you, Sir.  My daughter said that her clothes went in nicely ;D. 

Thank You Sponsors!