iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Strange things seen...

Started by sprucebunny, July 14, 2007, 06:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Based on American slang, it could also be a skank. :)

Radar67

That's what I said, skank....we just say it and spell it different down here.  ;D

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don K

Read a interesting article on the skink or skank, depending on what side of the Mason-Dixon line you hail from, while I was in Virginny earlier this summer. According to this article, there are two types of skinks, a Big Head  and the Brown Skink. Both are brown but the adult Big Head has a noticable big diamond shaped head. The heck to beat all is that both species juvenile has a blue tail and a barely discernable between the two. I've seen all brown and also the blue and thought it was two different lizards. We called them blue racers when I was young. Have never seen a Adult Big Head.

Hey Stew, That scaly bark will make you hurt yourself when you are peeping for Mr. Rattler won't he?  :D :D :D

Don 
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Radar67

I don't have to peeping, I pass my wood pile, he moves, I jump....every time.  :D :D

Stew

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

pigman

Thanks guys. 8) I didn't care if it a skank or a skink. ;D  I was just worried that it may be a gecko here trying to sell me more insurance. ;)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sawguy21

Skank ??? That has a whole different meaning up here that don't belong on a family oriented forum. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Don K

That is a universal term definitely in certain situations ;)
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

sprucebunny

Moving on from reptiles and ... well ... moving on ...

I figured this was a bad guy but it turns out that some lifestage of this insect eats the larvae of wood boring bugs.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

OneWithWood

Radar, your lizard is known as an Allegator Lizard for obvious reasons.  They are all over Yosemite.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Radar67

Thanks OWW, I'll have to do some research on that.

Stew

Don K

Stew, I got curious about my scaly barks, so I did a search on Alabama lizards and on the outdoor alabama website they call them Eastern Fence Lizards. I like Scaly Bark better. ;D

Don

OK found a genus name. Sceloporus undulatus. There is some good reading on them and supposedly make good lizard pets.

Radar67

I checked out both lizards and Don has the right one. The other had more of a shinny skin rather than scaly, also the range didn't match with the Alligator Lizard. Thanks to both for the help identifying the proper one.

Stew

rbhunter

Question??

I would like to know why the fish and game departments have such a hard time believing stories of cougar sightings. They always seem to deny the sightings without even checking into the stories. I have seen this in Kansas and also in Missouri. One was hit in Missouri by a car shortly after we moved here. Kind of hard to deny when you have a dead one to confirm.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

isawlogs

I think it has to do with  " if it is indid alive and out there " they will need to take action or plan on the preservation of said cat .....  Now if they dont know of its existence .. no budget needed for something that aint there .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Onthesauk

And we pay for this nonsense. :(
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

SwampDonkey

Just got this in...

The folks are out in southern BC visiting friends and relatives. This comes from the back yard of where they are at. They like to watch them catch other critters.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Timburr

Is this another 'weeds from the back yard' plant identification challenge?  ;D
Sense is not common

limbrat

Some lady you just got to give some distance.
ben

olyman

here in iowa--there have been numerous bobcat sightings--but the game and fish deny it--suppose if someones killed-and maybe partially ate--like in commefornia--theyll pay attention???? too many highly edumacated people in some poistions---

Onthesauk

Just ran into a little black bear in the yard.  I sit out in the sun in the mornings and have a cup of coffee with the cats.  They were intent on something around the corner.  Walked over and here is a little bear just up the hill next to the house checking us out.  Have a feeling that he's been down in the apple trees over night.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Tony

I live on a small watershed lake in N.MS. Looked out at the lake the other day and lo and behold there were 3 pelicans  :o :o  I think they're lost.

Tony   8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

sprucebunny

Another weird event but no pictures.

I was driving on a two lane in a rural area but entering the outskirts of a small city. There were hills and fields and trees along the road. Speed limit 40.
Out of the cornor of my eye, at about the roofline of the car, I saw a big bird go from flying to falling and a duck landed on it's back in the road about 20 feet in front of me !!!! I can only think that it flew into the power/phonelines. I believe that it's head landed somewhere else  :o

No where to pull over out of the road so no pics. Also I was a little shocked  :o :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Roxie

I had a similar traumatic experience about a year ago watching a flock of snow geese flying overhead.  One member of the flock musta had a heart attack because one minute it was flying and the next it just came down like a rock.  I was very sad.   :'(
Say when

sawdust

Possibly they ran into invisible UFOs :D

sawdust

The screamin talked about earlier.... ever heard a peacock let loose? I still have nightmares.
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Thank You Sponsors!