iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Picture Posting on Forum Help

Started by Jeff, March 13, 2012, 03:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Are you trying to upload a ridiculously large photo?  Many of the camera and phones now can create huge photos. Odds are you have the photo size so large that even with the generous size we allow, it is too big.    New camera? New phone?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

UN Hooker

You are right, the picture was 7.0 MB on the new camera.  I re-sized it to 4.9 MB and it finally uploaded. Thanks for the advice, now I know what to do to upload the rest of the photos. 
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

dean herring

I need help posting pictures. I can't find the slide info. When I click on how to post photos it just takes me to posts about photos back in 2014
Thanks
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

beenthere

Dean

Appears you don't have any pics in your gallery, not even in 2014.

So you need to add an album name in your gallery as a place to put your pics. Then upload them by clicking the line below that says "Click here to add Photos to post" and a new window pops up, choose which of your albums you want, and then browse your computer for your pics for uploading.
After that, when you click that line "Click here to add Photos to post", you will select "my gallery" from the menu and click on the pic you have already there, then scroll down below the enlarged pic for the "Insert image in post" button.

Let us know where this fails and we can get you more help.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dean herring

Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

sstuartjones

wow, I really am hard headed, were it not for the video walk through, it would have taken me a few hours to decipher that one, but with the video walk through, I now have album's!
TimberKing 1600, Stihl 311, 71 Mach-1(just for fun)

deepsouth.us

I attempted to load a few pics into my gallery a moment ago. The album is entitled American chestnut. I'm trying to display pictures beginning with the hand hewed reclaimed beams, and ending with the finished product. Trouble is this album is showing several pics that do not belong to me. Is this a system error, or operator error? Please advise.
Timberking 2000

beenthere

Looks like your album in your gallery only has your pics in it. There are 6 of them.

To put them in your post, then click the line below "Click here to add Photos to post" and a window will open, go to the menu list for "My Gallery" and you will go there. Click the pic you want, it will enlarge. SCROLL down a page or two below to see "Insert image in post" and answer "yes". Click the "preview" button to see that it is the one you want.
If the pic is turned wrong (happens when iPad or iPhone pics are taken vertical or upside down), then when there is an edit line below the enlarged pic to rotate it right-side-up.

And your pics of your kitchen show it off well. Good job with the decor, carpentry, and shelves.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

deepsouth.us

I'm good to go. Thank you!
And thanks for the kind remarks.
Timberking 2000

kettlekorn

Here are the pictures of the "climb on" playground train as promised (I hope)  This is my first attempt of posting photos.
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

beenthere

kettlekorn
Use the "Preview" button to see what your post looks like before hitting the "Post" button. That will help you know what is happening, or not happening.

Your pics are in your gallery. In fact, several duplicates.

Likely what you are missing, after clicking the "Click here to add Photos to post" a new window pops up, and you are not clicking the menu tab "My gallery" so end up uploading the pic again.
Click the "My gallery" menu tab and your pics will pop up. You can delete the duplicates if you have not already posted them at this time. Then click the one you want to post, it will enlarge. SCROLL down a page or two and you will see the "Insert image in post" (Image and Photo are synonymous) and answer the question "yes". That should do it for you.

Shout out if some part of this doesn't work for you.

Well done. Cute kids in the pics too...

south central Wisconsin

waho

How do you reconfigure Jpegs into something that will work?

Jeff

You clearly are not using the photo uploader if you think jpg will not work.  You must be using the document uploader. Use the BIG BLUE BUTTON that says Click here to add Photos to post.

47sawdust

If I have an album created on my computer that is relevant to the Forum,can I move the entire album to my gallery in one step or do I still have to upload pictures one at a time.
My most recent album was created using the multiple files choice.It was faster than one at a time,but I'm still learning and trying to streamline my process if possible.
Thanks for your help,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Jeff

Absolutely not.  The gallery is only used for storing photos used in a post. If it is not in apost, it should not be in your gallery. Then, once it is in a post it must never ever be deleted.

The idea that it is relevant to the forum, is not a reason to upload it. Upload it, put it directly in a post. Easy as that.

valley ranch

Seems to be working again couldn't upload.

whittle1

I can't get windows 8 to link to the gallery when trying to post a picture. The pic is in my gallery in an album but when I try to post it windows only opens picture files on the PC. Doesn't seem to link to the file in the forum

Jeff

Did you watch the help videos?   

whittle1

Thanks Jeff I think it was just a windows 8 thing. I can post pictures from work but have trouble with windows.
I will try it again from home.

Jeff

If you are using a work computer, it's probably an employer setting to stop uploads and downloads. Being windows 8 should have nothing to do with it. The browser you are using, perhaps.

revid

When i click om my gallery or visit my gallery it goes to it but when I click on the little camera under my name profile/summary it says critical error,information doesnt exist!

Jeff

It means you set it up wrong.  I'll fix it for you.

revid

thanks Jeff,what did I do wrong so it wont happen again?

Jeff

You won't ever have to do it again, but you had the number of an album in the setup, not the number of your gallery.

ScottCC

I'm almost there, need to know how to save my autocad files so they will have correct extension.  I have tried .pdf and .pdfx and .dwg.  I don't find another choice in cad and not sure where to turn next.  Any idea the extensions that are appropriate.  I have a real picture I will add to post, or try.
Necessity is the mother of invention.  Poverty is its big brother.  WM mp100, WM eg100, WM sp4000 chip extractor,  WM 260 molder on order ,WM electric  lt15 wide with extra track, 71 Oliver allterrain forklift, 26' flat bed trailer, road legal log arch, homemade kiln, AutoCAD lt15