iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

IMPORTANT FORUM ANNOUNCMENT

Started by Jeff, December 28, 2017, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Makes me thick that I am driving in downtown Atlanta  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 02, 2018, 08:22:11 AM
Makes me thick that I am driving in downtown Atlanta  :D.

Your head is the only thing T H I C K!  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

QuoteJeff,

I have your hardware put together, and I have an operating system installed on it.  It is up and running now, I need to have network allocated, get it racked up, and get some more software on it, and you should be good to begin migration.  I am hoping to have it online for you later today or early tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

dave

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 02, 2018, 02:19:18 PM

and you should be good to begin migration. 

Thanks,

dave
[/quote]

You headed SOUTH???  :D :D :D :D

Jeff

If I can get this all done along with a couple obligations in short order, that could be a real possibility!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 02, 2018, 06:24:22 PM
If I can get this all done along with a couple obligations in short order, that could be a real possibility!

"HEY JULIE......TURN THE LIGHT ON!"

Jeff

Still awaiting the new server to be put on the network. If it happens today, expect the gallery to be shutdown as first step.

coxy

oh man just when I was going to learn how to post pics  :D :D

Jeff

There is a real chance that photo posting may change radically. I'm not exactly sure what to do yet. THe coppermine software that the gallery runs on is not supported by the new versions of php that we have to go to. For awhile, this is going to be a total cluster. I made a comment earlier in the topic. It wasn't concerning my age, it was concerning my ability to think through these tech dilemmas that I used to be able to conquer with relative ease. My mind simply does not work the way it used to and it is concerning to say the least.

btulloh

I thought that only happened to me. :)

Good luck.  We're with you all the way.

Funny thing is, some people will be glad to see the current way of posting photos change.  This is one the few forums I visit that doesn't have a bunch of x's everywhere a picture is supposed to be.

Whatever happens, we'll be fine.  You have my sympathy.  I've been told that the liberal internal use distilled spirits can be used to offset the negative effects of server migration.  Don't know for sure about that, it's just what I've heard.
HM126

Brad_bb

If the FF is down for more than an hour, I'm going to get the DT's.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

Southside

Jeff -

Growing up in the central part of Aroostook County Maine as I kid I thought the band "Da Yoopers" was actually a local band as some folks sound just like that.  "I wanna buy that garage there and move it to my camp - it gonna make a good wood shed" - it was not until I joined the Forum that I actually learned that Yoopers were from your neck of the woods.  Well anyway, I don't know if it's all the same but as long as things don't end up "All stove up something wicked" I am sure it will be "Good Sleddin" after the move. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

CJennings

I have a simple solution for posting pictures: everyone sends in 35mm film to Jeff to be developed and the photos then scanned manually via dial up connection.  :D

Best of luck with the switch. You have my sympathy.

Don P

That was pretty much the way the forum started, except you then had to reduce the pics down to no more than 15k cause Jeff was paying for the bandwidth out of his pocket.

woodyone.john

Hope it turns out to be poplar,not hickory.I too hope to see yall on the farside. Gracious thanks for getting us thus far.cheers john
Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

Jeff

Update: Well, the Linux admin in charge of building our new server messaged me apologizing for the delay. Turns out he went home sick, so nothing will probably happen now until next week. That's okay , as I've has a relapse as well and don't feel like doing squat. Well, maybe everything squat.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

coxy

its funny how the older we get the longer it takes to recover  years ago if I got banged up I never got a bruise now if a leaf falls on me it seems like I get one  ::)  get well

sandhills

That stuff has been horrible around here since just before Christmas, neighbors, kids, old folks like us, it doesn't just go away for anybody.  Hope you get to feeling better soon and I'll second what coxy said.

Texas Ranger

Quote from: sandhills on January 06, 2018, 01:35:47 PM
That stuff has been horrible around here since just before Christmas, neighbors, kids, old folks like us, it doesn't just go away for anybody.  Hope you get to feeling better soon and I'll second what coxy said.

yeah right, old folks ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

I'm pretty much doomed because of Tammy. Kids climb on her bus go cough cough spit hack good morning Mrs. Brokaw, then she comes home and kisses me.

coxy

well that's your fault don't kiss her  ;D :-X :-X

Thank You Sponsors!