iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

562xp AT Hotstart issue, But its not flooding

Started by ChrisChapman04, January 28, 2018, 10:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisChapman04

I bought the saw new in 2013. It always has been hard to start when it was hot, but here recently, Will not start at all. (The next few lines are things i have noticed over the last 3 days.) I pulled the plug to blow the cylinder out thinking it was flooded, but the plug was dry and a perfect color. So, whatever, I had cleanup to do. Let it set for about 30 minutes, fires off on second pull. Now it gets weird. If I shut the saw off without opening the fuel cap, It fires right back up. But if I fuel the saw, no start. Got me thinking. The next time I fueled the saw, I removed my earplugs, set the saw on my atv rack, and cracked the fuel cap, pssst, It had quite a bit of pressure built up. This time I noticed, because I had my gloves off, that the primer ball wasn't picking up any fuel. I thought that the pressure had possibly busted the diaphragm in the primer. But guess what, After it cooled, The primer worked flawlessly. Another thing to note, As the fuel gets lower, the idle creeps up, Im assuming thats from the pressure build up. I would think the tank vent has a one way valve to allow air in but not out correct? The local dealer I bought it from flooded in 2016, and never reopened. The closest dealer now is several hours round trip.

New Air filter
Fresh gas
Hot start procedure as follows: pump primer 6-10 times, Choke on then off to enable high idle. I only recently noticed that it wasn't picking up fuel when it was hot. I guess I need to know if the pressure build up is normal. Should I go ahead and order a primer assembly? Just bite the bullet and take it to the dealer? Im comfortable working on the saw. Just don't want to throw money at it hoping it fixes it.

HolmenTree

Welcome to Forestry Forum Chris,
Definitely sounds like your 562's tank vent is plugged.
Funny I bought my 562 new in 2012 and never had a problem with the vent other then some hot start issues.

I'm putting my 562 up for sale at the moment. Going to replace it with the latest MS362CM.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!