iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Little Mule

Started by firefighter ontheside, October 08, 2019, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

Thursday I'm going to look at and probably buy a Kawasaki Mule to use around the mill and other chores.  It will be nice to take away sawdust from the mill, carry short slabs and tow a trailer with longer slabs.  May just drive it around some too.  My neighbor has lots of trails on his land.
I've made a deposit for them to hold it until I can go look at it.  I lose that if I don't buy, so it better be good.  I think is.  2010 year with low hours.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

Looks much better than my 2006 chino.(rhino clone) not your typical looking farmer chore machine anyway.

Old Greenhorn

That looks like a winner. No winch or front push bar, but depending on use, you make not miss it anyway. Use mine a lot. for plowing. I forgot to mentions in the PM's, do yourself a favor and power wash the bed, then mask it off and use some spray bed liner from a box store. Works like a charm to keep the slip down and keep the rust from forming. I touch it ups once a year. Keeps the gouging from tools to a minimum. I had the plstic liner, took it out, too slippery. Like the spray better.
Good luck with it. :)

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

hopm

You will use and enjoy. My son in law bought one....if it's sitting still I make it roll. :laugh: :laugh:

firefighter ontheside

I hope it's as nice as I think it is.  I'll go get it tomorrow morning.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Arcticmiller

Hope you have good luck with that mule. I use two at work and they have been great little runabout machines. The only trouble they have had was a little gas tank rust...heet in the gas and frequent fuel filter filter changes have helped.  The only other "problem" I have noticed was the tall oil dipstick tends to get some corrosion around the o-ring area and bind up. I might try and put a dab of grease or paint it with some rust stop.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy one, they are super useful when you dont need a full sized truck.

Crusarius

They are pretty amazing when it comes to pushing snow. I still cannot believe the amount of snow I can push with mine.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Crusarius on October 10, 2019, 07:23:42 AM
They are pretty amazing when it comes to pushing snow. I still cannot believe the amount of snow I can push with mine.
My experience has been the same. especially if i throw the chains on.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

alanh

In a little while you`ll wonder how you got along without one, I have a Canam Defender, parked near the mill to load the sawdust in, moves giant logs with my little tow behind skidder, plows snow with the 7 ft plow blade, hauls the mail from the end of the 1500 ft driveway, and makes a load of grandkids squeal when doing a hot lap.

firefighter ontheside

Well, I brought it home today.  Had a tire on the trailer blow on the way to get it.  That was a 25 minute diversion.  It's in great shape.  Probably won't push snow with it.  I can do that with the tractor and we don't get that much snow here in MO to need 2 things to move it.  Definitely hauling sawdust in the bed and slabs on a small trailer.  There will be two boys and a wife that will get some rides too.  Hauling the trash will happen too. Already hauled the empty cans back today.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

farmfromkansas

My grand daughters have learned to drive on a gator. 
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Thank You Sponsors!