iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ruler for leveling log??

Started by vfauto, October 07, 2019, 04:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

@Southside i will make you one with chickens, instead of numbers, but it will only be 10 inches long cause no one wants you to take off your shoes!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D ;) smiley_airfreshener
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Quote from: doc henderson on October 08, 2019, 09:49:27 PMbig enough for Magicman to see from 10 paces.

So do you want me to look with my Left Eye?

Or my Right Eye??   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

hope you are ok!  did you have eye surgery?  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Nebraska

Ditto, was chuckling at the thread, not a good look. 

Magicman

No, just battle scars from years past.  It is sometime painful to get as old as I am. 

Wanna see my toes??  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

sorry @Magicman I am off work today, and I am not sure how far this is going!!! :D :D :D

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Magicman on October 09, 2019, 07:53:27 AM
No, just battle scars from years past.  It is sometime painful to get as old as I am.  

Wanna see my toes??  :o
Chicks dig scars. :D ;D
 However, the foot thing, probably not. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

@Magicman now i see why you are so respectful when referring to your wife Ms. Pat.   :o   :).  looks like she keeps you in line!!! :D  @Southside i got a prototype "southside special ruler" done in your honor.  I went up to 24 if you promise to keep your shoes on!  ;)  

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

Oh my! That is just precious! (and just a little sick and weird, but I guess that is what makes it special.) You guys are something else. Doc, you are a little messed up. ;D ;D 8)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

Sometime I use this:

But it only measures feet.

Andries

What?
No metric feet?
Like, with ten toes per foot ?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

WV Sawmiller

Where are the PC police when you really need one? :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ianab

Reminds me of the Rarotonga scenic flight we took a few year back. We had booked out of our beach house, returned the rental scooter, checked our bags, had lunch in town and still had a few hours to fill. 

Back at the airport, oohh look, scenic flights for $XX. Jump in a trusty Cessna and off we go. 

Check the Island Style "No Step" decal.

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

I know that he is just trying to feather his nest but I am waiting for the rest of doc's eggs to hatch.  Guess that he could build a fire with the ruler and have a.....

Chickin Crispin.  :o

WV Sawmiller

Do you think those are done enough? ::) ::)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

They certainly earned their name!  ::)

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Magicman on October 10, 2019, 07:43:23 AM
I know that he is just trying to feather his nest but I am waiting for the rest of doc's eggs to hatch.  Guess that he could build a fire with the ruler and have a.....

Chickin Crispin.  :o
All the chickens on his ruler WERE "Crispin'd"  :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Ljohnsaw

Hmm, every thread ends up with food - but no grits yet?

I just made this up from some aluminum 1/8" x 1" stock I had laying around.  I had the last 2 feet of a 12' stick on measure (for radial arm bench).  It doesn't matter what the number is, just a reference to the pith.  The wing nut allow for sliding the vertical to match where the log is and it can be taken off to store as a single 4' long stick.

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!