iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oatmeal Pancakes

Started by Don P, February 10, 2018, 04:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

I'd post a pic but the evidence is gone.
2 cups oats (quick ones are fine)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups buttermilk (or milk w/ 2 tb vinegar)
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (opt)
Sprinkle blueberries on top in the skillet, the small wild ones from behind the wild ponies in the background below work better than big cultivated ones but don't set your bucket down or you'll have to fight them to get the bucket back  :D.

1 big pot coffee

Chop Shop

Kwill

I love pancakes but I hate oatmeal so I don't think I could do these :) I do however have a great homemade pancake recipe that I make all the time. I never buy it.
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Southside

Substitute buckwheat for the oatmeal and you have Ployes - spread them with Cretons, and have a plate of smelt and fiddle-heads in the spring of the year!!! Ohhh - have not had that for far too long!!!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Don P

Put your recipes up here, I'd like to try them.
Truth be told I'm not a bowl of oatmeal fan but I like these and like it in homemade bread, give em a try sometime.
There were a few jars of last weeks raspberry jam that didn't set so we called it raspberry syrup. I had that on a few of them this morning then switched back to maple for a few more.

sandhills

Quote from: Kwill on February 10, 2018, 09:10:45 PM
I love pancakes but I hate oatmeal so I don't think I could do these :) I do however have a great homemade pancake recipe that I make all the time. I never buy it.

OK, so...... :)

samandothers

Ponies near Mt Rogers, Highlands?

Don P

Yup, top of Wilburn Ridge in Grayson Highlands.
A friend of ours was picking blueberries on one side of a bush up there a few years ago when she heard a rustling on the other side. Poked her head around to see who it was and decided she'd let the bear have that bush  :D

This is another pic I had in my gallery from up there, Mt Ash in the fall;

Kwill

Quote from: sandhills on February 11, 2018, 05:52:18 PM
Quote from: Kwill on February 10, 2018, 09:10:45 PM

OK, so...... :)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
^^^^^^^^^ That is the original recipe. I change it up a bit. I use 2 eggs and use butter instead of vegetable oil. I also use more sugar and put a teaspoon or so of vanilla in also
Basically you mix the dry components up good then put in the wet components. I mix with beaters then pour in the pan. Makes real good pancakes
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Thank You Sponsors!