iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Edger 802

Started by J_T, November 13, 2003, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_T

Got me a Bellsaw 802 edger today .Never used but been sitting outside sixteen years :( Looked at it when it was first put thare but he would not part with it . Today he gave it to me  ;D But I need parts like the feed rollrrs are rusted away some . Had sealed barrings and we got every thing turning .Any one  know where to find parts ?? Thanks
Jim Holloway

edsaws

you might want to ask someone at this link its the belsaw message board they may be able to help http://belsaw.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

J_T

Thanks Edsaws I also need to find hoe many RPM this thing needs to turn.
Jim Holloway

D._Frederick

J.T.,
I don't know the size of your saw blades, but you should have a rim speed of about 6000 ft / min.. With a 14 inch blade, the rpm would be a little over 1600. If it is an insert toothed blade and is rusty and pitted, you should have a saw shop check it out, (it may start to fly apart if run too fast.)

J_T

Thanks D Blades are insert bits. They were protected due to the cover. I thought it would be about 3400 RPM .Buddy called Timberking today they got parts for it still.
Jim Holloway

UNCLEBUCK

Hello J_T , I dont know much about edgers except that I have a old belsaw edger and it has insert teeth and a v-4 wisconsin motor which is twice the size motor that was on it before I bought it in rough condition , it has the feed rollers geared so if I edge at idle speed or turn the throttle up it seems to make no differance so I guess I cant screw up , depends on how fast I want to get done , never have edged over half throttle and it edges through like a 2x very easy at any throttle setting , same for 4x but that gets heavy for one man to lift , I suppose I should stick my handheld tachometer to it and should have a r.p.m. to edge with instead of just how fast I feel like getting done but like I say its geared so I dont think it matters anyway. good luck with your edger and hope to see a picture, I have a picture and a post if you wish to see                                                                                    
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

UNCLEBUCK

oh I took off the little angle iron fence on the exit side because it was pinching the blades a bit and now it cuts real well , I hope you get your parts and show us a picture when youre ready , I looked at that belsaw site and saved it to my favorites in case I need parts someday, good luck now !

J_T

Thanks Unclebuck niceset up . I got a large one cylender wesconson . Good to not get in a big hurry I try not to any more. Gave my digital camary away but will come up with something soon .
Jim Holloway

UNCLEBUCK

J_T , thats what was on this edger , a one cylinder wisconsin but it had no electric start , kind of a flywheel to hand crank, I will post a pic later tonight of it , maybe its the same motor . The man I bought the edger from edged 2x white oak all the time with that motor , I think there is a rpm speed stamped on the pulley, I go look ! :P

Thank You Sponsors!