iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NEW WOODMIZER LT40 SUPER

Started by BattleChops, September 17, 2022, 02:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BattleChops

Hello all, I need some help please.  Just brought home my new LT40 Super from Missouri yesterday, everything worked fine during the training while I was at the Wood-mizer shop.  Got home (Oklahoma City) and set up the mill, got a log all set up for my first cut and tried to engage the auto-clutch and all I here is a click on the side of the engine.  Everything works, I can move the head unit, the loader and the debarker, but the engine doesn't rev up and the blade doesn't engage when I use the auto clutch toggle.  I'm bound to be overlooking something since this is all new to me, if someone has some advice, I would really appreciate some help.  Thanks   

terrifictimbersllc

Your auto clutch motor is under a cover on the head of the Sawmill by the engine. I would take that cover off and see if that electric motor is responding to the engaging and disengaging of the switch. Call Woodmizer customer service in Indianapolis, they can guide you through it if you can't figure it out. 

PS there will be a breaker for the auto clutch motor. I forget where it is, it might be one of the five in the control station, underneath the Swiches along the panel there five decals and breaker buttons. If not there then in the large electrical box on the head.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Congrats on the new Wood-Mizer.  8)

Monday is a looong way off, but make a call to them and they will walk you through the troubleshooting steps.  I am sure that it will be something simple that happened during traveling, but it still is frustrating.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on September 17, 2022, 02:34:29 PMPS there will be a breaker for the auto clutch motor. I forget where it is, it might be one of the five in the control station, underneath the Swiches along the panel there five decals and breaker buttons. If not there then in the large electrical box on the head.
Look for the breaker if you haven't.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

MartyParsons

Hello
  I assume this is a diesel? When you put the sawhead on rest pin and for transport the Auto clutch should be engaged. Was this done? If not the connection possibly came apart? Remove the cover under the engine and take a picture. 
 It should look like this. 

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

trimguy

Congratulations on your new mill.

trimguy

Is the auto clutch supposed  to be engage for transit on just the diesel model, or on all sawmills (gas also)??

Dan_Shade

My Manual says that it should be engaged for transport.

I flip the auto clutch switch back to the down position after I turn the ignition switch off.

This keeps me from starting the engine with the blade engaged 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

Here is a topic discussing this very subject:  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

BattleChops

Thank you so very much to everyone for your help.  It was the 2 part linkage for the auto-clutch had decoupled during transit.  I was able to get it put back together and everything op-tested ok.  Now I just have to wait for the next weekend to try it out.  

tawilson

Thanks for the closure and the reminder to engage the clutch for the couple times a year I move the mill.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

Thank You Sponsors!