iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Found it, now what do I do with it.

Started by Jeff, July 01, 2002, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I found the problem with why our home page loads sooooo slooowwww. It is the program that collects and adds the most recent posts to our front page. I love that feature, but just cant have that page load so slow. For now, I will leave a link there to show last 100 topics posted on. If I can find the reason for the slowness, the headlines will return, although I fear it is simply because we have almost 15,000 posts to search through.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

I am not being critical, you do a great job, and I couldn't do it with 12 helpers.  Anyway, it didn't help.  Still crawling in Texas.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Don refresh your homepage. I know its faster now, anything else, at least with that page, has to be a connection problem with you. Does the forum itself seem to be slow too for you?

Bro. Noble

Jeff,

Mine's a lot faster and your work is appreciated here.

Wish I could see me In that cap again,  I just can't wait.

Don, I think that your problem is that TEXANS are in my experience a pretty slow bunch----that is to say sorta HALFASST!   ( Boy I'm sorry about that one. Ijust couldn't help myself.  I sure feel lowdown after you backed me up on that YANK business),

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

There's much more to this forum then a hat. You will find that out the longer you are here. There are things ya'll cant even see yet. :) They appear, in time. ?
?
?
?
?

Texas Ranger

Noble, it's a Missouri thing, I come from St. Clair, Mo.  Meremac River. 8)

Bro. Noble

Well I'll be switched, Don.

I couldn't figure how I could be takin a likin to a Texan,  now It makes more sense.

We go by St, Clair on our way to damnyankeeland to visit inlaws.  Used to spend a lot of weekends on the Meremac down by St. James.  Can't remember the name of that neat park.  Dad was in college at Rolla in the 50's, I was late elementary age.

I,ve enjoyed meeting some nice, interesting fellers on this forum.  That's bettern Jeff's old cap anyway.  Say you don't suppose that's one of the benefits he was so closed mouth about?

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Gordon

Noble in a few months you will be able to come back to Jeff's post and click on the question marks. That is once you have enough posts. Or maybe trees. ;D ;D

I could tell you what I see when I click on the question marks but I'll leave ya in suspense. No sense in letting the cat out of the bag. ;)

Gordon

Texas Ranger

Noble, I was at U of Mo at Columbia in the '50's.  Darn, I feel old!  Texans arn't slow, they march to a different drummer, the beat changes. 8)

Jeff

Since I have not found a cure for speeding up the headlines on the home page yet, I have replaced it for now with random pictures from our photo gallery.

Its kinda cool just to refresh the page and see which of the over 1000 photos that have been posted comes up, and kinda hard to figure out sometimes what post it may have been with. :o

www.forestryforum.com