iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In my Boot

Started by Magicman, April 06, 2015, 07:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I needed to wash my truck today so I reached for my rubber boots. (Cajun Reeboks)  I always check for spiders, etc so imagine my surprise when I looked into a boot!

A hornet was having a merry old time building a nest in a boot.   :o

I'll admit that it was a pretty little thing, but it had to go.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

I was almost scared to look
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

red

Are you insured by Lloyds of London?  ?  ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WmFritz

I remember seeing an image of a toe nail from a huntin trip that's burned into my brain.

Them hornets don't knows who's they's messing with.   :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

That is the definition of a hot foot. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

coxy

jeepers you got all kinds of critters crawling  down there ours are still frozen  ;D   talked to a guy today and he showed  me pics of a bear in his trash can last night to darn early for them  :)

Autocar

Magicman I have seen them around here a number of times, I always thought that was the hatching nest of a queen hornet the ones that make the big football nest ???????? I noticed the other day a nest hanging on the awning of the camper about the size of a foot ball but I don't believe its a hornet nest. Last fall we had yellow jackets around here like mosquitos and figured it was theres.
Bill

LeeB

Apparently your boots have revolted against your revolting feet and have hired armed guards to protect themselves.  :rifle: :rifle:
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This Columbian Hornets can be nasty.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rooster 58

True Story
       Years ago, before my cabin was my home, and before I had running water, I was at the cabin for a little trout fishing one weekend.
      I got up Saturday morning and had to use the privy. I went outside and got ready,  then sat down on the seat. It wasn't very long before  I felt an irritation which quickly became a jolt of searing pain right in the tip of you know what. I shot upright faster than you could blink, and to my bewilderment,  I discovered the hornet that stung me in a most sensitive area.     :o

submarinesailor

Quote from: rooster 58 on April 14, 2015, 07:41:58 PM
I discovered the hornet that stung me in a most sensitive area.     :o

There is a joke in there somewhere.  But it hurts too much just thinking about it. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D

Bruce

Magicman

My imagination is bad enough.  I say nothing.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Getting stung on your stinger. Now that's one you don't hear about every day.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Warped

Quote from: rooster 58 on April 14, 2015, 07:41:58 PM
True Story
       Years ago, before my cabin was my home, and before I had running water, I was at the cabin for a little trout fishing one weekend.
      I got up Saturday morning and had to use the privy. I went outside and got ready,  then sat down on the seat. It wasn't very long before  I felt an irritation which quickly became a jolt of searing pain right in the tip of you know what. I shot upright faster than you could blink, and to my bewilderment,  I discovered the hornet that stung me in a most sensitive area.     :o

On the one hand, you made me wince, on the other........ that gave you an unfair advantage over the "competition".
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

sandhills

I have a pretty good remark but don't want to get thrown in the woodshed  ;D.  Magic Man when we were in AZ this winter they told us to check our shoes everyday for scorpians and some other nasty thing (tarantulas I think?), it was their mating/nesting season, makes you feel real good about putting your boots on  :D.

Den Socling

In AZ, it may not have been tarantulas. Just little Black Widows that like to climb in shoes. How about it, Jeff?  ;D

sandhills

Sorry Den your right, doesn't matter much to me though I hate spiders of any kind.  Don't know why but can live with about any other critter, just don't care for spiders.

customsawyer

Growing up my dad ran a honey bee business. He always said you wasn't a real bee keeper till you were stung in the privets. My first thought was always the same. "I don't want to be a bee keeper anyway." I became a bee keeper several times and none of them are found memories.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

barbender

Hornet stings give me a pronounced local reaction, with massive swelling, burning, and itching. Getting stung in the man parts could prove to be a real problem :o One of my uncles had a bee go up the leg of his shorts when he was riding motorcycle. It got him you know where, my dad said uncle came off the bike just a dancin' :D He wore sweatpants for an extended period of time after that :)
Too many irons in the fire

js2743

MM just put a picture of your toes in them boots and nothing will bother them no more.

Magicman

:D  I wonder if even a Hornet deserves that??   ???

Weekend_Sawyer

Over the weekend we planted some black cherry, hawthorne and black willow on the tree farms in WV. When we stopped to take a break I took my boots and socks off to let my feet air out. My work mates claimed the newly planted trees wilted when I did. :D I put my socks back on, put my boots on and suddenly something was stinging my toe! I hopped around on one foot while yanking my boot and sock backl off and found a little sweat bee in there. My toe still itches. Now why would that little bee climb all the way into the toe of my sock??? I have watched these guys fill spent cartridges up with mud making nests.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Magicman

You just proved scientifically that bees can't smell.   :D

4x4American

or maybe they can smell, and like the smell of foot odor
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!