iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yet another DanG bear attack, eh?

Started by Murf, September 16, 2005, 01:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

It's amazing the cub climbed that tree considering he was up there yelling and with a bow in his hands. I remember treeing 3 bear cubs one spring when dumping a tractor bucket of rocks. They all took to a some big popple trees and momma went into the bush.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

If you read that quick, it says Beer Battered Hunters, I'll pass on that recipe. ::)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

asy

Oooooooookay...

yet ANOTHER reason I'm REALLY glad we don't have bears in the land of Oz.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Paul_H

QuoteHe told a warden he didn't want anything to happen to the bear since it was natural for the sow to protect her cubs, said Jim Bishop, a DNR spokesman in Spooner.

Sure,no problem with Mama,however,the Cub that climbed over him and called Mama for help is another matter ??? :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Ron Scott

A recent bear incident from Michigan's U.P.

A wounded Ontonogon County bear reportedly bit a hunter on the arm and leg after being wounded. The 430 pound bear fell from the tree where the hunter had shot it and attacked the hunter. The bear died a few minutes later.

The hunter was briefly hospitalized in Marquette before returning to his Detroit area home.
~Ron

Onthesauk

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

fuzzybear

I know this is a late reply but what the heck.  This year in the Yukon we have had a very active bear season.
  My stories of bears this year are the most in my life up here so far. The first was at fish camp.  My native family fishes for King salmon along the Pelly River. The fish camp has been there for over 100 years. This year I was first in camp with my wife and my 4 month old twins. We set up our wall tent and camp early in the day and went back to town for supplies. When we returned my 2 dogs were a little edgy, I assumed it was because they had been in the car for too long.
   I finally went to bed around 4am. At around 8am my dogs (the brothers dumb) jumped up and flew out of the wall tent just a raising heck. I could hear a squirl so I yelled at them to get back in here, when they refused to come back in I went to see what the fuss was about. When I got outside I didn't see what they were upset at until he charged from behind the willows. About 30 feet away was a rather upset 400lb grizzly.
  Well I yelled at the dogs to get him and I ducked back in to retrieve the shotgun and away I went chasing the dogs who were chasing the bear. I got about 300 yards away from the wall tent when it all of a sudden accured to me that the bear was more afraid of me than the dogs. He was booking it through the bush and I was not going to get a shot. So I walked back to the tent to check on my wife and kids. The first words out of my wifes mouth were "well you didn't even shoot" I told her the bear was running like a mad man.
  Her reply was one I will never forget the rest of my life, "well I'd run like that to if I were being chased by a half crazed butt naked bushman too."  It dawned on me right then that indeed I was aunatural chasing a bear through the bush with a shot gun.
  The bear only came back one more time the next day.  This time the dogs were tied and he marched rite into the center of camp. I unfortunatly had to shoot him. He was an old bear that had very bad teeth, to the point that they become desperate for any thing to eat. This was a bear that should have gone an easy 800lbs but weighed in at 422lbs.
  The game officer informed me that here in the Yukon they have 30 bear live traps and they were all out and they needed 30 more. The bears moved out of the high lands into the lower valleys for some reason. We had 3 black bears and 2 more grizzlies in a 5 mile stretch of the river.
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

asy

Gotta admit, I'm with yer wife there...

A butt nekkid crazy bushman chases me with a shotgun in his hand, and I'm a runnin' too!

Sounds like you put the poor bear out of his misery.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

farmerdoug

Quote from: crtreedude on December 12, 2005, 02:56:34 PM
I would never let a snake get Jeff - after all, my link (my advertising here) is doing wonderful things for my search listings.

For example - if you search on "Buy tropical hardwood" I am now #4! Jeff - you are safe.

CR,

I see that you are now #2 on that search.  Way to go. 8)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Thank You Sponsors!