iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson Demo Day ...With A Real Peterson Guy

Started by Burlkraft, April 09, 2007, 09:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

I'm torn between being really sad we could not make it and extremely glad we aren't going to be there. :D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Burlkraft

Quote from: Furby on April 23, 2007, 12:47:12 PM
With the group that's getting together for this "demo"...... scuba gear may even be a good idea. ;)

Furby....What are ya talkin' about...???

I'm absolutly sure that ALL of the information shared over the 3 or so days we're gonna spend will be truthful and honest and as factual as you will ever find...'cept mebby at the pig roast.... :D :D :D

KevJay....You should be sad....very.....very  sad...... :'( :'( :'(
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Furby

Well at least it won't take much food to feed ya all, as you'll already be full of it eh? ;D

TexasTimbers

Only reason I'm a little glad Steve is cuz I only have knee-high boots and I don't think they would be high enough. :D

DanG

C'mon Kevjay!  Go on up there and get a little bit between yer toes. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Burlkraft

It may be deep enuff he'll get some behind his ears.... :D :D :D

Furby

Kev's not a super tall fellow, so I think he'd better bring a PFD! ;)
;D

johncinquo

Speaking of food.

dang, that took awhile.   Whats the plans for eats?   The camping is off, so we are staying at Days Inn about 3.1 miles away, and 1 mile from the Zoo.  I am sure we will know how far to the Mall shortly!   Any plans for eating out or BBQing there? 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Jeff

Oh yeah the log scaled 18, 680 lbs hangin' on the crane. The guy who gave me the log told me 10,000 and the volume calculator said 22,000.....

Ya know, I bet our calculator was very very close to the pre-aged weight.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

I bet you're right and I'm surprised at how close it still is. :)

Burlkraft

I also probably took 12-1500 lbs of bark off of it........That stuff Beenthere's gonna shred for me... :-X :-X :-X......I mean gonna help me............. :D :D :D

Jeff

Burlkraft sent me some pics of the Redwood with her bark all skinned back just sitting there waiting upon us.   :)

I had an Amish guy call me from Iowa about the demo today!  TWICE!  He aint got no internet or computer and borrowed a phone. Someone I told told someone and it got to him some how.  He may be there. We might get out numbered by the amish again if enough forum members dont show up! :D

Gary_C

What are the measurements of that log now that you have the bark off?

If the amish are coming, they better be on the road already. Those horses don't make very good time even at a trot.   ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Burlkraft

Quote from: johncinquo on April 25, 2007, 12:26:31 PM
Speaking of food.

dang, that took awhile.   Whats the plans for eats?   The camping is off, so we are staying at Days Inn about 3.1 miles away, and 1 mile from the Zoo.  I am sure we will know how far to the Mall shortly!   Any plans for eating out or BBQing there? 

John,

Ya got the address of that Hotel ???  We'll be able ta find ya then. I guess eats depends on when yer gonna be here.....

You know there's gonna be eats............. ;D ;D ;D

Burlkraft

Quote from: Gary_C on April 25, 2007, 11:20:41 PM
What are the measurements of that log now that you have the bark off?

That's a 8' timber standin' up against the end in the last picture....It's gotta be about 6' yet.... ;D ;D

TexasTimbers

This has already been a great story and it hasn't even happened yet. ;D I wonder if my wife would miss me for a weekend. Maybe she would not notice I was gone. :o :D

beenthere

John (and others interested).
There is a Days Inn near the intersection of Hwy 51 and Hwy 12 that is a couple miles from the log site. The Zoo is about 7 miles from there.
I'll attach a map that may show the Airport (1), the Staybridge Hotel (2), the Redwood Log (3), the Days Inn (4) and the Zoo (5)  The green line is the route between the numbers. The numbers start at the top left and circle clockwise, ending up at the Zoo (5).  
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Like the lines on the map, I am green with envy :).  Sure wish I could be there.  I will be waiting with baited breath (whatever that means) to see the results.  What are the plans for the wood?  Surely some thicker chunks for some bowls would be in order ???. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Corley5

Having breakfast at Hardees in Manistique.  Madison here we come 8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

johncinquo

We'll be at the Days Inn mentioned.  Leaving here Friday after getting packed up, I expect we'll roll into the area around 5:00PM.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

IL Bull

I tried to get a room there but they were all booked up.  I'll be at the Quality Inn (now the Road House) Friday PM. 8)
Joe
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Corley5

Jeff

coming past greenbay and dawood workers depot. I'm typing  going down da road!

beenthere

In two hours, the MI crew will be at the Mad town.

Lookin forward to your arrival.

Others, keep us posted where ya all will be and when. Don't wanna lose anyone in the hustle bustle.
Plannin to keep this rain away. (Maybe da rain will get Norm and Patty up this way.. ::) ??? :) :) )

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

Brownsville at a station and caught Bob smoking in the boys room  :)

Thank You Sponsors!