iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fabtek 4-Roller

Started by deastman, December 23, 2016, 05:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deastman

The only complaint I have with my Fabtek head is the low power of the leveler motors, cut a big tall heavy tree and you have a hard time to control it. Most of the time it'll go right where you don't want it to fall. I bought 4 new motors a few years ago and they did ok for a while but they seem to lose power fairly quick. Mine started leaking this fall and it was time to have them rebuilt and after doing some research and talking to my local hydraulic shop I found out that they could put bigger gerowlers in them. You lose 20% in speed but gain a lot more power, I never used them full speed so it hasn't been a factor to me. The extra holding power is great, I'm cutting big tall poplar and what a difference. I'll never use the regular size motors again after having these built
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

wannaergo

Do you have the setup with 4 motors all tangled together with a cluster of looped hoses? We had those on our 501 and they were kind of a pain. Not a whole lot of fun to change hoses or motors. We had trouble with them blowing seals out. I remember them not having much power at all. Couldn't keep a decent size tree up for anything. I guess now they upgraded them to the same motors as the feed motors. I'd be curious if they have more power or not.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

deastman

Ya mine's the older style with 4 motors and the tangled up hoses. I saw that the new heads had gone to two motors and wondered the same thing, if the new setup has more power. How are the Rolly II's ? Do they have plenty of holding power with the leveler motors?
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

JLeBouton

Cat has gone to twin MS-02 motors for the leveler. The roller motors are MS-08's. The 2's are considerably smaller than the 8's.

wannaergo

Oops. I stand corrected. I was just repeating what I was told by a cat salesman. Figured I suppose.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Thank You Sponsors!