iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are y'all paying for concrete foundations right now?

Started by tburch, October 06, 2015, 03:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tburch

Just got a bid for $12.50/sq ft for a 1500 sf ft shop.   Seems high.   Just over $18K for the slab.

I called a local mix company and asked how much it would cost for 28 yards of 3000PSI, and the cost was under $98/yard, or, about $2,800 for the cement. 

Form boards, rebar, 6 mil plastic and trenching and associated labor must be high $$ items.
Peterson 10" WPF with slabber. Cooks AC36 Diesel.
'94 Ford 4830 Diesel 2WD & FEL.  Norse 450 skid winch.  Logrite fetching arch.  Fransgard Forestry Grapple.

Banjo picker

You should get several bids.  Could be your bidder didn't want or need the work.  Seems like a real deal on the concrete price. Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

jdtuttle

Call your local mix company back & ask for a couple recommendations for contractors. I would want at least 3 bids & ask for insurance too.
Have a great day

Stuart Caruk

Formed, poured, finished, forms removed with 4" of 3000 PSI concrete is $3.25 - $4.00 ft2 around here. Concrete is typically $200 for the first yard and $100 after that. They can only get 7 yards on their 11 yard trucks due to weight restrictions.

You can easily get guys to form and finish for $2 ft2 if you buy the mud. I know a guy who does it for 75 Cents a ft2. He just did almost 5000 ft2 for a buddy and did a great job. You need to wait for him though since he's always busy.... 
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

florida

Around her in south Florida that would be way high. Is it a monolithic slab or does it have big footers?  I would expect to pay about $5 to $6 thousand here.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Thank You Sponsors!