iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberjack 450

Started by loghog, August 21, 2014, 09:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loghog

We are running 30-32 tires on this machine and I was wondering if the big tires take more hp then smaller tires would?                                                     

tj240

yes need more power to turn them unless they are the size in came from the factory with
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

loghog

I don't know what factory size was I have seen em with with smaller ones on . we are thinking about change to 26-24 tires if it would gain anything

treeslayer2003

on yer 450? 6bt should have plenty of power. i have a 666 clark i swapped 28s on cuz the 4-53 didn't like 34s.

where you at in the world?

loghog

This one got the Detroit in it wish it had a cummins in it
I'm located close Harrisburg PA

Ken

I had the same machine although it had 23.1 x 26 tires.  I took them off and put on 18.4 x 34 and made it a faster and quite a bit narrower although it did make it a bit more tippy.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

loghog

Sounds like a very tippy machine Ken but I could use your old rims

ga jones

The pump settings would vary for tire size frame lenght grapple or cable on a cummins. On a detroit it would be injector size. Not enough power bump up one injector size. Or turn the governor a little.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

6bt cummins varyied from 120 to 200 horse depending on pump style,application. 453 detroit varyied a little less. Turbo detroits are a little higher.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

loghog

This 450 got a turbo on it I could go one size bigger on injector mechanic thinks we are around 170 hp we just rebuilt engine.         Today I could not keep the tranny cool it was running 200-220 .

snowstorm

if its a clark trans 200 is just rite. my valmet book says 200 to 250

loghog

Thanks for the info guys

ehp

I ran 23.1 by 26 on that same machine and it worked very well in my ground

Thank You Sponsors!