iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Snowing here now, projected to be up near the 50's tomorrow, then switching back cold and snow up to 10+ inches!

What whacky weather this year!   smiley_dizzy
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Crusarius

I was expecting snow last night and woke up t o28 degrees with no snow or even frost.

chevytaHOE5674

18° with sustained 30mph winds and gusts in the 60`s. Snow snow and more snow with lots of blowing and drifting. Some drifts are 5+ feet tall. Winter has arrived it appears.

SwampDonkey

We had rain all night here and stopped by 10:00 this morning. 40's here now and had hit 50 during the rain.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

About an hour ago, we had "white-out" conditions here, now it has stopped and we got close to an inch and it's supposed to start up again later in the night!   :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Woodcutter_Mo

We had low to mid 70's on Monday, cooled off some on Tuesday and tomorrow they're showing 32°F for the high.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Crusarius

just barely seeing light fluff starting.

Chuck White

Snowed, mostly between 8:00 & Midnight!

This morning we ended up with 1½" of snow, bringing our total here to 11½ inches!

Really is an odd season!

Crusarius

Christmas time I am heading to indian lake. I was going to take my snowmobile but I really don't think that is going to be necessary.

Roxie

THIS Indian Lake? 

https://youtu.be/QnjwW9aUn08

Warning:  A horrible song to have stuck in your head. 
Say when

Crusarius

Indian lake NY. Thinking its a good thing that I cannot stream videos at work....

chevytaHOE5674

More snow overnight, almost another 6". Probably putting us close to 40" for the season..

They were talking on the radio that November was low in snowfall at 20" compared to our usual. But to more than make up for the low snowfall we had just short of 20" of rain in November alone.

SwampDonkey

Sun here with periods of dark cloud passing by, no white stuff. Was at the woodlot, lots of water where water is expected from the rains. Bushes were dry anyway.  I think the 'mooses' are swimming. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Winter weather advisory just posted for another 6 to 10" of snowfall through Saturday. Monday it was 50° and now 6 days later we will have a couple feet of snow on the ground.

The guessers are calling for above average snowfall this winter, but the way it started out I was thinking they were full of it... Now I'm not so sure.

SwampDonkey

Stars and 29F this morning.

thecfarm

A couple inches of snow is on the ground. May add a couple more to that couple by morning.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Couple of flurries through the day, off and on, but no accumulation!

chevytaHOE5674

Plowed about 6" of fresh snow this afternoon and by the time I finished I couldn't tell where I began so another 4-6" fell. Supposed to keep snowing till midday tomorrow then taper off for a few days.

Jumped down out of the tractor feeding cows today and twisted my ankle, so having to deal with the snow right now really isn't welcomed.

Chuck White

Snowing a little right now, so we'll probably have a little accumulation through the day, and over night!

Crusarius

What I wouldn't give to be getting everyone's  snow.

thecfarm

I only have 4 inches of snow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

6" of snow here and now the sun is shining once again.  :snowball: ;D

Chuck White

The grass is still sticking up through the snow in my yard!   ;D

I'm just wondering if this "little" snow and cold weather is helping to decrease the TICK population?

Crusarius

really hoping the ground freezes soon. still have not gotten manure on the garden. Will never get any good snowmobiling if it doesn't freeze.

goose63

Woke up and it's 40 with a little frezeing rain  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!